H1B 7th year extension and H1B amendment

tips03

Hello

I am currently on H1B working at a client place in EVC (Employer -> vendor -> client) model. I have been working at this client since March 2011. The client is in the same state as my employer. My employer filed for new LCA when I moved to this client however did not file for H1B amendment assuming the risk of getting rejected as we are going through the vendor.

My H1B expires in Oct 2012 (6 years) and my employer is going to file for labor in Jan 2012 as part of GC process. Hoping that I140 gets cleared by June/July 2012, my employer also planned to file for H1B extension (7th year) and I am planning to stay with the same client for next couple of years if all goes well.

Questions

- Is H1B amendment required when we file for H1B extension probably in June 2012? (My I129 and LCA has different locations, I129 has the employer and LCA has the client)

- If we need to file for H1B amendment before filing H1B extension, is that ok if my employer and the client dont have a direct relationship?

- what are the chances for getting 7th year H1B extended through EVC model? Will that be less risky if my employer and client has direct relationship? (I can get the client letter mentioning that the project can be extended for next 3yrs)

I appreciate your thoughts on this

Thank you

Archived