Whether I am Eligiable for EB2..

M_04_12_07

Hi,

This is my situation and let me know under which category i will fall under for GC processing.

I have 4 yrs of B.E degree in Mechanical from India.

My Work experience start from 1998.

Company 1 - 1998 -2000 In India - IT Experience

Company 2 - 2000-2001 In India - IT Experience

Company 3 - 2001 - 2002 In India - IT Experience

Company 4 - 2002-2004 In India - IT Experience

Company 5 - 2005 - 2011 In India [2005-2007] & USA [2007-2011] - IT Experience

Company 6 - 2011 - Current Job

I was in L1 from 2007 - 2011 and shifted to Company 6 as a H1 holder and they are willing to start filling my GC, Now let me know under which category i will come for GC processing.

Regards

BSK

• 2 weeks later...

Please keep in mind that the EB (employment-based) category of the Green Card application is dependent on the minimum requirements needed by the employer for the offered position. If your employer has an EB2 position available in which they wish to employ you, and you qualify for that position, then an EB2 Green Card application can be filed on your behalf.

You and your sponsoring employer may wish to contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case to discuss the sponsored position and whether you qualify for it.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Hi,

Mine is also the same case as that of BSK but slight change. I have 5.10 years IT experience from India and 8 months of US IT Exp. I'm B.Tech graduate (4 years) and I did not done masters neither in India nor in US.

So coming back to attorney's response, yes my company is willing to sponsor GC since they have position for the same. So the question is that "Are we eligible for EB2"? Does my Indian 5.5yrs of work experience is considered or not in order to eligible for EB2?

Cheers,

Anup.

Hi BSK,

Usually for EB2 your BS + 5 years of progressive experience should be in the field of your study or related. Your 4 yrs B.Tech in Mechanical and 5 + years of experience in IT might be an issue, it also depends on the Job Requirement.

I might be worng but please check with a good attorney.

Archived