Question on DS160 change after scheduling interview

sri11

Hi ,

here is my scenario..

I did MS in US and now changed to H1 so want to get stamped in canada so scheduled appointment at vancouver on 26th Jan.

My employer started my GC process when i was in OPT extension,so i got my I-140 aproved just a week ago.

Now when i completed my DS-160 i didnt get the I-140 aproval so for queestion "did anyone filed immigration on your behalf" i answered NO since we didn't have any update on my I-140.

Now that i got the aproval i have two concerns on this..

1.Do I need to say YES for the immigration question..since we started GC in OPt it self which is too early in most of the cases,will i have any negative impact at the time of my stamping???...please suggest on this..

2.If i want to change the DS-160 with the immigration question to YES.. can i edit the previous DS-160 or do i need to fill out new DS-160??if new one is needed how to update my appointment with new Ds-160 confirmation..???do i need to reschedule the appointment..??i may not get the appointment dates in Jan if i need to reschedule...

Please please help me out on this info..

Thanks

Hi Sri,

I have apt on 9th Jan. I am also in the same page, by mistake I have also answered it as NO, Actually my Employer has started my GC and 140 is approved. I could see the post above, that says need to submit the new DS from and update the same in the APT page.

I have seen some post long back saying we are not supposed to submit multiple DS forms to multiple consulates. But not sure whether we can submit 2 DS-160 to the same consulate?

Please let me know, so that I will also do the changes....

HI Ram.u,

yes we need to submit new DS-160 and update that confirmation number in the appintment form....here when you update the conf number the latest will be taken into account not the old one as long as you are updating the app date with the same consulate....if you want to make another app with some other consulate you need to cancel the old appt.

Let me know if any questions..

All,

I called up the VFS guys. They told me its not an issue, just prepare another DS-160 form, submit it online ( but don't change the appointment details) and bring both the confirmation letters ( old barcode no. and the new barcode no.)

I had my I-140 approved by 2 employers , employer A and employer B and for both the employers, I was an FTE, and currently i am with employer B

My query is this: On the question " Did anyone file an immigrant petition on your behalf ? Can I answer the questions like this:

My current employer "Company B" has filed in I-140 petition for me on YYY date and my previous employer A had filed an I-140 petition for me on XXX date.

Please let me know what to say in the Explaination box immediately after that question. I have the copy of the approved I-140 petitions from both employers.

HI greshforlife,

thanks for confirming..

but you said we need to fill our the new DS-160 but dont need to change the confirmation number for new ds-160 in the appointment form...

and then what do you mean by both confirmation letters..you referring to both the ds-160s???? old one and the new one with correct immigration information???

Please let us know

thanks

Hi Sri11,

You should fill another DS-160 form and print both the old and new confirmation documents for DS-160. You need to carry only 1 appointment letter, which was probably done using the old DS-160.

VFS guys in india are pretty helpful and I got this info from them ( Mistakes do happen while filing forms and this is a tactical error and not a syntax error and misrepresentation of facts is a bigger crime than a mistake which you want to correct )

All the best for your interview.

Archived