December Bulletin: Lets track EB Approvals

chicagocsu

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For NSC ,we are getting FP for notice date 12/09/2011 ...Thats a good new ....NSC is now moving....

My RD is 12/14/2011 ...Expecting FP Notice next week !

hi

GC ELAN....

should we take in to consider,the application recieved date by USCIS or the date that is printed on the receipt notice for recieving the FP notices...

Hi Petitioner123,

It should be your received notice date printed on your I-485/765/131 Application.

Oct filers have started to get approval for their I-485. There are 11 cases approved in EB2 category (from ******** database). 6 from TSC and 5 from NSC. So Dec 2011 filers may see approvals by February.

You can track more at ******** for details.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AozMIbSZaGh2dHRma1RaTDJOVzFGWkppaEhnRHJLbnc&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=0

It seems to me that there are delays in California for NSC notices for finger printing. I know there are folks who also have received FP Notices, but yet, as compared to other parts of the country, the amount of people waiting seems to be higher....

Any FP notices for NSC for RND on or before 16-DEC-2011 ?

@ GC ELAN. Yes, may be you are right. Mine RND is 14 Dec 2011, but still waiting for FP notice (California + NSC)

Very Useful information posted on ***************.com.......

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

What now that I filed 485 and I assume EAD and AP?

+---------------------------------------------------------------------+

==========================================================================================

Typically (in most cases) you will receive a receipt notice from USCIS which will give u information on receipt date, your case number, etc. This should typically happen within 30 days. So ensur.e you check your mailbox (snail mail at home)

You should also receive an appointment for biometrics (fingerprinting and photograph) within 30 days to go to a local ASC for this. It appears that people do sometimes receive the EAD and AP without biometrics completed. If you have a genuine problem try a walk-in for this or reschedule the appointment.

If you dont receive this in 30 days, u can try to speak to them but not sure what u do if u havent received receipt notice yet.

In the meantime, once u receive case numbers, u can setup

an account and alerts for sms on your phone for any case updates. This is helpful as u receive alerts without having to login often.

Now (per the law) you should get EAD approval in 90 days. Per the tracker here it seems that its taking 55-75 days for most. Of course there are execptions, but this seems to be a norm.

Mark your calendar (75 days from date of receipt by USCIS) to open a SR with USCIS if you havent recd EAD approval yet. This should alert them and can lead to approval within time-frame.

Next comes the big question - when will i get my 485 approval. While this varies on case to case basis and service center, if you receive RFE etc, easiest thing to see is typical time for your service center and also ******** excel spreadsheet that u can filter for your processing center, country, etc and also sort based on receipt date etc to at least know what seemss to be a pattern.

Finally - i spoke to a friend who got approved last year. It seems spillover announcement happened in June for last year. This could be very important. As USCIS is trying to generate demand by moving dates aggressively to ensure usage of numbers by end of year. However, the allocation for India and China without this spillover is pretty small by itself and hence the retrogression

I tried to see immigrationroad.com which has interesting tracker - you put in priority date and it tells u how many pending 485 applications ahead of you. For eg mid november 2007 eb2 for india shows 8965 India EB-2 applicants waiting ahead of you for a green card. It means that a total of 8965 pending I-485 applications have earlier priority dates than yours (2007-11-16).

This could very well mean, if they do not spill over till later half of this year that 485 will be approved only after spillover, though u have filed 485 and hopeful for quick approval. Last year my friend said that his case moved ASAP after this happened in June. I am not saying this will happen this year but its unclear to me if most cases to generate demand have to wait for spillover or if spillover has already begun

I know this process creates lot of anxiety and anguish and hope this helps. '

General information - not sure why people call FBI if all u want to know is yes they reverted back to USCIS.

Same with congressman - unless you have unusual delays.

It appears that USCIS has done an excellent job in giving us opportunity for SR, Infopass at appropriate times and also gives u online status with e-mail alerts and SMS. In majority of cases, this is all but nothing but a case of patiently waiting (myself included).

==========================================================================================

Hello there

Priority date current as of Dec-2011

USCIS received application: 12/2/2011

I-485, I-131 & I-765 receipts received: 12/12/2011

Also, recevied the FP appointment for 01/27.

I just received an email from USCIS that my EAD and travel document has been approved. They have ordered processing of my card. I am assuming it is the EAD and AP.

Got EAD/AP Approved today. LUD shows update for I-765("Card/ Document Production") and I-131("we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT")

Still waiting for FP notice...

EB2-I

NSC

PD: 01/08/2008

RD: 12/5/2011

ND: 12/8/2011

EAD/AP Date: 01/18/2012

FP:Waiting...

Thanks for sharing the ******** link -Very helpful thread.

Archived