H1 end

kamy

Hello Friends,

Just wanted to check your views on this. I have a little around four and half months of time left before my 6th year H1 Visa gets completed. My company seems to be considering GC for me . My only consideration was if labor gets approved and i140 gets approved than there can be extension of either 1 or 3 years on H1. Can someone please answer this questions.

1) Are there any chances of both labor and i140 happening in 4 months. Is it worth considering GC now as for GC I have to pay the expenses myself.

2) I was told that for posting Advertisements and doing all the paperwork for Green Card before actually applying for Labor itself is taking anywhere around 2-3 months. Is that correct. But also one of my friend is saying that for EB3 Advertisement and the paperwork can be done in short time and need not take that long. For EB2 it can take very long. Is that correct. So if done in EB3 is there a chance for labor and i40 happening in 4 months. I want to check how the time lines are now.

Can someone please advise.

Generally, if the regular PERM process moves smoothly and there is not an audit or RFE, it is possible to obtain a certified PERM application and approved I-140 in approximately 8 months. However, there are minor exceptions if an individual’s work is at a college/university. Furthermore, it is important to know that the employer is responsible for paying the costs associated with the PERM application filed with the Department of Labor. Please review the following link for further information on this subject: http://www.murthy.co...ws/n_lc6th.html. If you have additional questions please contact a qualified U.S. immigration attorney. The Murthy Law Firm has very well-regarded Green Card and H1B Departments with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived