Calgary Consulate - IS THE VO TAKING US FOR A RIDE?????

rajv2382

Hi All,

I have attended the Calgary consulate with every freaking possible document you can imagine.

Let me be more clear....

I had these documents with me:

1. I 797

2. Passport

3. 48 pay stubs for the last 4 years (each pay stub had consistent pay ...i mean each of them are matching with LCA and offer letter)

4. Bank statements for last 3 years highlighting Direct deposits

5. Tax returns with W2s (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)

6. Employee Tax returns 3 years

7. Quarterly unemployment wage reports for last 6 quarters

8. Notarized list of all employees from my company

9. Client letter clearly stating that whole authority of firing, pay hike is responsible by my employer and with 3 + years of possible extension

10. Vendor letter stating the same as client

11. SOW

12. Work Orders

13. Proof of payments

14. Status reports showing employee employer relation

15. Time sheets submitted to my employer

You name the document i had it... and I was so confident that my case would be a cake wake as its is pretty genuine with ouT any grey areas... but still since any thing can happen in the visa processing i was prepared for a week delay anyways...BUT TO MY f* SURPRISE I WAS GIVEN A ADMIN PROCESSING ASKING ME TO FILL DS 157 JUST BCUZ I DID MY MASTERS IN CHEMICAL ENGINEERING????????????????

OH I CANT STUDY CHEMISTRY? Basic chemistry? i shd have opted history? or will that be a problem too? IS THE WHAT VO IS SAYING NOW JUST BCUZ SHE CANT FIND A LOOP HOLE IN MY CASE??? WELL ITS OK YOU GAVE ME DS 157 BUT WHAT THE HECK IS A WAIT PERIOD OF UNTILL 2 MONTHS?

So looks like its very clear that VO doesn't wanna take a moment to think about the situation... she simply issues a DS 157 and will enjoy a cup of coffee in the cold weather while i wait with uncertainty in goddamn hotel with with freezing cold and no car to roam.... is this fair?

why do we guys have to go thru this situation in Calgary when it is not common in any other consulates?

Do i sound frustrated? OFCOURSE YES I AM.....

Down down calgary....

• 3 months later...

I've been through same situation in december.

i was issued admin processing because I have electronics background. I was told that it might take up to 2 months but, got my visa approved in 2 weeks. so be patient.

are you guys working in IT? calgary consulate is very particular about the educational background. now they do back ground check on you. don't worry, you will get it.

if you are a contractor not working at the employer site. you are not genuine. period. i'm on e-v-c...with us degree

Archived