Urgent - Need Help

desi5453

Hi Experts!

I am H1B Visa Holder working as a fulltime emlployee in company A. My 6 year of H1B is going to complete in 2013. My GC process has not been started yet. My husband is also on H1B and GC process for him is started and his priority date is September 2010 for EB2.

My problem is my company intially was OK to start my GC process, but as some management staff changed, they are not ready to start my GC process now. They are ready to give me all support and extensions for me, but not GC process. So, there is no hope that company A will start GC process for me.

Now, as per my current situation, I have two options:

1) Continue working in current company until my H1B visa gets expire --> Switch to H4 and wait for GC or EAD --> start working again.

But, it is not favourable option for me as if time for me to be on H4 (not eligible to work) is 6-12 months (until 2014), I am OK to wait. But, if it is more than that, my whole experienxe will wash out and I will not be able to stay current or updated in my field.

We are not able to get even tentative idea that when September 2010 will become current PD for EB2.

2) Find a new job with the company who is ready to start GC process right away.

This is the option, anyone would suggest.

But, there is almost next to impossible that I will be able to find job with the company who will be ready to sposor me GC right away. My experience is they atleast want to wait 6-12 months before starting GC, which will not give me enough time to be eligible for next extension.

So, my question is

1) what should I do? Option (1) or (2) or if there is any other option?

2) How will be movement of priority dates for EB2 now onwards? Is there any tentative prediction when September 2010 will become current for EB2? That will give me some infiormation to decide.

Your response is very much valuable to me.

Thanks!

Based on the facts of your case, I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case so that you can actually discuss, analyze, and weigh the options available to you and come up with a plan of action. If will also be helpful for you and your employer to know what each option means in terms of your employment with the company. Even if they are willing to file extensions for you, you are limited by your initial six years of H1B time, so if they want to keep you working for long, they will have to consider other options.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived