221(G) Pink slip New Delhi Tracker - Nov/Dec 2011

dsheth

Hi, I wanted to know what others are experiencing in ND consulate currently. Here are my details:

Visa Interview : 21st November

FTE employee from more than 3 years in a large >90k employee company.

VO did ask me few questions for about two minutes:

VO: where do you work in US?

Ans: location.

VO: how many years have you been with the company?

Ans: 3+ years.

VO: education?

Ans: MS

VO: Married?

Ans: yes.

VO: what does she do?

Ans: Student

VO: is she with you?

Ans: NO, she is studying in xyz university in another state.

After this reply, he quickly checked something on his screen and raised his eyebrows and asked me to proceed to counter no.xyz. @ that counter they gave me a pink slip with a list of questions that I need to answer in one email. They kept my passport and I797.

The list of questions:

1. Resume.

2. Research & what research you did in india and how that is different to what you are going to do ( baseless question as I have nothing to do with any research ).

3. Travel dates.

4. who pays for your trip.

5. list names and dates of your visits to other countries in last 10 years.

I submitted this questionnaire on 22nd Nov and basically waiting for their reply.

Hi, I wanted to know what others are experiencing in ND consulate currently. Here are my details:

Visa Interview : 21st November

FTE employee from more than 3 years in a large >90k employee company.

VO did ask me few questions for about two minutes:

VO: where do you work in US?

Ans: location.

VO: how many years have you been with the company?

Ans: 3+ years.

VO: education?

Ans: MS

VO: Married?

Ans: yes.

VO: what does she do?

Ans: Student

VO: is she with you?

Ans: NO, she is studying in xyz university in another state.

After this reply, he quickly checked something on his screen and raised his eyebrows and asked me to proceed to counter no.xyz. @ that counter they gave me a pink slip with a list of questions that I need to answer in one email. They kept my passport and I797.

The list of questions:

1. Resume.

2. Research & what research you did in india and how that is different to what you are going to do ( baseless question as I have nothing to do with any research ).

3. Travel dates.

4. who pays for your trip.

5. list names and dates of your visits to other countries in last 10 years.

I submitted this questionnaire on 22nd Nov and basically waiting for their reply.

which type of company are you working in. is it pharma, defense etc

and what was your major for MS...

It is possibly TAL check

Hey Dseth,

I also got Pink Slip from New Delhi Embassy on Nov 28. They had asked for some additional documents like my research background, CV, etc even though I do not have a PhD. But I do have a chemical engineering background and work for a pharma company. Once the documents were requested, my company lawyer responded with the documents on Dec 5th. However, the Embassy Case Status still shows N/A for response date. I was wondering what was your experience in this regard. Did you file the response on your own or your company lawyer did this on your behalf? How long did it take for your case to be updated online from response date?

I would really appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks for the reply. They requested exactly the same docs and I responded on 22nd nov, by sending an email to them. Company attorneys were not involved. & my case has not changed status to response date. It still shows N/A. I dont know if they are supposed to change the response date after we/our attorney submit the docs requested.

Thanks for the reply. They requested exactly the same docs and I responded on 22nd nov, by sending an email to them. Company attorneys were not involved. & my case has not changed status to response date. It still shows N/A. I dont know if they are supposed to change the response date after we/our attorney submit the docs requested.

I also do not know what does this response date mean. I was curious about it. Another colleague of mine also went for interview on 21st Nov and he got the pink slip too. When I talked to him, he also said his response date shows N/A. I am just worried that they do not make wait for so long and then ask for some more documents causing further delay. I wish I knew they have all the documents that they need.

Anyways, do you know how long generally pink slip cases take? I have two colleagues who got their cleared between 3-5 weeks. This thing has kind of ruined my vacation.

Anyone can answer these quetions, help is really appreciated in these troubled times. :)

1. What is being done behind the scenes during 221g process? Is your whole file being sent back to DOS or file stays in the consulate ? Status updates on consulate websites do not give me any info.

2. How do you recognize that you have been selected for this dreaded process because of TAL, MANTIC or something else ?

3. Any one has recently been approved after 221g in new delhi ?

Thanks.

My situation is same as all of urs:

Visa Interview Date: 25th Nov 2011

Handed over 221g pink slip after VO asked only 2 questions. They are holding my passport and I-797.

Submitted requested docs through email on 26th Nov and got reply back "thanks for submitting docs". My response date is also showing N/A.

Its 4rth week going n im still waiting for my passport.

Sorry to hear that. New Delhi embassy is really careless with this Pink Slip. They hand it out to anybody they feel like. I am also frustrated with this. It is 4 weeks already and no response. I also had to postpone my return already. How many weeks did they tell you for processing? I was told 2-4 weeks but like I said, no response yet. I doubt anything would happen till middle of Jan because of holidays in USA.

Sorry to hear that. New Delhi embassy is really careless with this Pink Slip. They hand it out to anybody they feel like. I am also frustrated with this. It is 4 weeks already and no response. I also had to postpone my return already. How many weeks did they tell you for processing? I was told 2-4 weeks but like I said, no response yet. I doubt anything would happen till middle of Jan because of holidays in USA.

Indian lady sitting at window 30 said it will take between 4 to 8 weeks. My return flight is on 25th dec but seems i need to let it go......im also afraid due to holiday season we will get our passport back by mid of jan or so.......

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I am in the same boat. Have you got any update from embassy yet?

Here is my case -

Visa Type - L2 (Dependent)

Interview Date - 9th Dec 2011

Document Requested - Resume, Invitation Letter

Document Submitted - 16th Dec 2011

US consulate website still shows that the case is under administrative processing and response date shown there is "N/A".

They have given visa next day to my daughter who appeared for interview on the same date.

Hi There,

I would also like to share my experience at ND consulate.

Interview Date - Dec 14th 2011

Case - EVC Model

221g Green issued on Employer-Employee relationship and to provide additional documents.

Documents Submitted - Dec 19th 2011

No reply's yet, hoping for a reply from consulate this week or the coming one.

This wait time/ no response from embassy really makes this whole process disappointing.

I hope everybody gets a positive reply and get their lives back on track.

Any comments or questions regarding my case would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stuck@delhi

Hi There,

Case - EVC Model

221g Green issued on Employer-Employee relationship and to provide additional documents.

This wait time/ no response from embassy really makes this whole process disappointing.

Thanks,

Stuck@delhi

Hi There,

Case - EVC Model

Thanks,

Stuck@delhi

Its 9th week going for me...221g pink slip....FTE...doc submitted on 26th Nov.......

I know its quite frustrating but we all are in same boat. Once you r trapped in this 221g u cant do anything except wait patiently.......if they give u any case number then u can call DOS and get an update on ur case

Hello

I also like to share my experience. I am FTE working for American Company (marketing business) from last 3 years. I140 is approved, went for H1B re-stamping on 19th Dec 2011 in New Delhi.

General questions asked by VO in 2 -3 minutes

Company Name ?

Location ?

Education ?

What are your responsibilities ?

Asked for W2.

Then VO said everything looks in order but additional admin processing is required. Please go to window Nr. xx. Then at that window pink slip handed to me, no docs asked to submit. Pink slip contains case number. I tried to track case status by case number provided but on every try error message returned by website Case Number not found. I contacted VFS many times and they replied back with standard email “As per the US Embassy your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing…..”

Case Summary

221G Pink Slip

Consulate – New Delhi

VI Date – 19th Dec 2011

Model – FTE

Docs Asked – None.

Any idea why case number not found on the website ?

Hello

I also like to share my experience. I am FTE working for American Company (marketing business) from last 3 years. I140 is approved, went for H1B re-stamping on 19th Dec 2011 in New Delhi.

General questions asked by VO in 2 -3 minutes

Company Name ?

Location ?

Education ?

What are your responsibilities ?

Asked for W2.

Then VO said everything looks in order but additional admin processing is required. Please go to window Nr. xx. Then at that window pink slip handed to me, no docs asked to submit. Pink slip contains case number. I tried to track case status by case number provided but on every try error message returned by website Case Number not found. I contacted VFS many times and they replied back with standard email “As per the US Embassy your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for mandatory administrative processing…..”

Did they keep your passport?

Case Summary

221G Pink Slip

Consulate – New Delhi

VI Date – 19th Dec 2011

Model – FTE

Docs Asked – None.

Any idea why case number not found on the website ?

I think last week US embassy case status site was down but it's running now. You can check your status.

Yes for me they kept my passport and I797 after interview......issued me pink slip.....then requested to email list of documents. 73 days passed and still case is pending under administrative processing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same here, 12th week going,,,, still waiting.... no idea what is going on...VO officer told me that my case would take 1 or 2 weeks for clearance. They did not asked any documents and I am full time employee in American mid size company.....

Are you able to track your case online ?

Archived