Understanding H-1B 221g process at Indian Consulates through crowd sourcing

blueguy19

Hello to all the folks on H-1B who have got 221g (pink, yellow, blue, white or any other color). Let's aim to get a definite picture on what goes on in the 221g process generally and try to come up with a guide for everyone else to refer.

I know its a difficult task as the process varies case by case basis, I promise to do a good faith effort to analyze all the situation presented on here and deliver the guide as soon as I get enough replies from you all. This is what I do for living, so you got to trust me on this one.

While replying, please include as many details as possible. However do restrict the prose to the things that matter, with superstition and prayers or blaberring completely omitted.

I plan to do this by using UML or flow chart method, for example

1. Interview date with interview details

1.1 Interview Date

1.2 Interview Questions

1.3 Closing remarks and next steps

2. Action event 1, example (received email etc)

2.1 Email Date

2.2 Email Description

2.3 Final actions

N. Action event N, example (submitted documents)

N+1. Visa approved/rejected/sent back to USCIS

Let's see how this goes. Thanks.

I appreciate your gesture. Here is my case details

I along with my wife attended interview on 09/30/2011at Hyderabad. My wife is a dependent(H4).The VO initially approved my visa but on 10/18/2011, when I enquired via email with US consulate, they responded to my email saying my case straight away went into admin processing and issued me a case# but no addl documents requested. But VO already retained our passports on the interview date itself.

1. Interview date with interview details

1.1 Interview Date :09/30/2011,Hyderabad

model :- EVC model

1.2 Interview Questions employer employee relationship questions all answered properly.

1.3 Closing remarks and next steps :-The VO acknowledged my visa is approved and expected to received our passports in 2-3 business days.

2. Action event 1, example (received email etc)

2.1 Email Date I made couple of enquiries personally and also made congressional enquiry through my local congressmen

and I received same standard replies.

2.2 Email Description

2.3 Final actions its already 68 calendar days.

The VO commented if they need additional documents they are going to me email me

N. Action event N, example (submitted documents):- N/A

N+1. Visa approved/rejected/sent back to USCIS :- Visa was approved pending passports are delayed to be received.

Thanks & Regards

winter21

@Blueguy19

Thanks for the response.Well if I am not issued a 221g then what exactly is my case. But still I was told "my case straight away into admin processing". Now its already more than 2months, still our passports are with the US consulate hyderabad.What are the chances of getting us the visa stamp? Your reply g8tly appreciated.

Thanks

winter21

@Blueguy19

Thanks for the response.Well if I am not issued a 221g then what exactly is my case. But still I was told "my case straight away into admin processing". Now its already more than 2months, still our passports are with the US consulate hyderabad.What are the chances of getting us the visa stamp? Your reply g8tly appreciated.

Thanks

winter21

I think there is lot of confusion on what forms are issued and what is the sequence of events that happens one after the another.

From reading threads on this forum, it seems consulates are trying their best or unintentionally following different procedures.

It seems the visa officer forgot to issue to 221g to you in this case.

Morever in some cases for the same color form visa officer asked to come to the consulate with docs for some candidates and others were asked to submit them at VFS application center.

Another discrepancy I found was that in some cases visa officer kEpt the passport of the applicant and in other were asked to wait for the email from VFS and then submit the passport.

The best way to know what is happening with your case is to call DOS - Dept of State.

They are in position to tell you whats happening to your visa application.

@blueguy19

nope! I have been calling DOS on a day to day basis but in vain. Well I also made a congressional enquiry through my local congressmen iand I received same standard reply. Now I am planning to make a senatorial enquiry through my local senator.I have been trying through sources to enquire about my but in vain. I will continue to explore various sources to get some result on my case.

Thanks & regards

winter21

@blueguy19

Here is My H1b experience - Got 221g Green slip issued asking for employers related docs:

Interview Date(Chennai): 14th Oct11 with my Wife and Kid.

Doc Submission Date at VFS Blr: 24th Oct11.

Courier Received from Consulate: 16th Nov11. Received back all the documents I submitted earlier and there was a PINK slip with the option to Submit Passport checked.

Passport Submittion date: 26th Nov11. I submitted the passports along with DS160, Original Pettition, I129 & LCA.

Still waiting to receive back the passport.. Its been more than 2 weeks now and the pp tracker status says - Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate.

I am really worried for the delay in getting back the passport..i see in many posts that folks have got Blue slip asking to submit passport but I got a Pink slip asking to submit passport, any diff. u can make out from this ? What are the chances of stamping?

Archived