Concurrent H-1B (Two jobs) and Green Card

hkhaneja81

I have a valid H-1B status with my current employer (W). Due to economic difficulties, my current employer (W) has put me on part time (8hours/week) and also filed an amendment to my H-1B visa status for the same with the USCIS.

My current employer (W) has also filed for my Green Card application (EB2) and recently my priority date became current and I am in the midst of filing my Adjustment of Status (I-485).

Another employer (D) has recently offered me a full time position. In order for me to work for the new employer (D) and not lose my current green card application with current employer (W), I requested if the new H-1B with the new employer can be filed as concurrent H-1B.

Here are my concerns:

1. Is there any risk in losing my Green card application if I file for concurrent H-1B? Please advise.

2. Both the jobs are at two different geographic locations, but my current employer (W) has agreed if I can work for them from home. Will this cause any problems in my new concurrent H-1B approval or my ongoing I-485 approval? Please advise.

Archived