Canada visa in Detroit

swetha415

Hi,

I was there at Canadian consulate office in Detroit two weeks ago and they were able to process my visa on the same day. Despite their website announcement, they were able to grant the visa on the same day. But its good to have a back up plan, just in case if they delay the processing. Also be aware that they DO NOT accept any cash payment for visa processing. It has to be in money order .

• 2 weeks later...

@swetha: I went yesterday...heres hw it went

I went at 9am to the consulate in Renaissance tower(GM towers) tower 600 is where the consulate is located(11th floor). They accept visa applications between 8 30am and noon. Once you submit your packet they give you a yellow ticket and ask you to come back at 2:30pm to collect your pasport and docs..so I went back at 2:30 and got my paasport n visa..I got a 3 yr multiple visa..

Thanks all. I went to Detroit to get the canada visa , I went at about 8:30 in the morning and they asked me to come at 2:30 to pick up the passport. Everything went well...

A couple of points though, It is not necessary for all the persons in the family to be present if they are applying for the visas. For example, if a husband and wife are applying for the canada visa , husband can go submit documents of him and his wife , the wife need not be present there .

Second thing is, you need to have either copies of pay stubs or employment letter as proof of employment...

Hope this helps :-) Thanks again Rohit , your detailed exp helped me a lot :-)

Thank you ...

yes you need to treat your spouse on h-1 as primary h1 applicant and submit all the documents accordingly . In my case , both me and my husband are on h-1 and we both had our documents separate and went and stood in the line . but the lady said since we belong to the same family , my husband can submit both the packets and I need not stand there . so, just prepare all the documentation separately and either you or your spouse can go to the embassy and give them the applications ... Hope this helps :-)

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Detroit this week and got the visa stamped on the same day... Few things which were different in my case, in addition to the required documents, the consulate asked me for original paystubs and returned the copies, and they also asked for a copy of the H1B visa appointment in Canada. I had a copy and I submitted it to them. I know this is something new, no one normally schedules the appointment but they might ask you..

Archived