Regarding I-140

Abhi.akhil

Hi

Currently i am with 'x' employer and i have approved 140 with current employer.

I got full time oppurtunity and planning to transfer H1.

This is regarding approved 140

Case 1 :After my H1 transfer to new company ,can my current employer cancel my 140

i)Even current employee cancelled 140,in future can i use the priority date and Continue my GC Process

ii)Is there any reason for current employer to cancel 140 or can he retain that with no issues and apply my 1-485 when dates are current.

In general, if the employer of a employment-based Green Card application does not wish or intend to employer the foreign national beneficiary after the approval of the beneficiary's Green Card, then the employer should notify the USCIS. Additionally, priority date retention depends on whether or not the beneficiary has a valid approved I-140 petition.

I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case in order to ensure that you are taking the appropriate steps in regard to your immigration matters.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Archived