Successful Visa stamping @ Vancouver, Canada on Nov 28th' 11

kirannumb

Hello Folks,

To begin with would like to convey my gratitude towards Murthy forum. Thanks for the valuable information provided by all the users.

Today I had my visa interview @ Vancouver along with “itsmeraj001” and Krishna, we all had a really good morning as visa got approved with less fuss about the documents. It was fairly straight forward interview for three of us with main emphasis on the employer. All 3 of us are in E-V-C model… here is how it went…

We been to the consulate building around 9:10 AM for 10:00 AM interview, we stood in the queue where a lady comes by and verifies the DS-160 form to confirm the appointment name with the list she had. After waiting for quite some-time ( approx. 1 ½ hr) in the cold weather. After which a lady called us one-by-one for security check and later we are re-directed to first floor where they take your passport, I-797, DS Confirmation page and Photos for verification and present you a coupon which reflects your waiting number. After which they will bundle the documents with a band and ask you to go to twentieth floor (the final spot J). Here you give your ten-finger print scanning (usually this happens at Counter 3 for H1-B visas), then they will ask you to wait till your token number (given at the security-check) is called. Then VO calls the token number for the interview:

VO: Guy (Counter 6)

VO: Have you studied in US, school name?

ANS: XYZ

VO: Is this new H1-B approval?

ANS: YES

VO: Have you been working with this employer since first H1-B ?

Ans: NO

VO: What is the name of your previous employer?

ANS: ABC

Later he typed something for a while, looked at my I-797 and said visa is approved and collect your passport in 3 days... :).. That’s it apart from DS-160, I-797, PP and photos none of the other documents were asked, the whole process including the queue at the beginning took about 2 hours.

As far as I observed the VOs are much interested on the employer than your documents, any black marks on the employers are leading to the questions. The below visa experience of Krishna (who accompanied me at the consulate) illustrates the previous point:

VO: Lady (Counter 4)

VO: good morning

Me: good morning

VO: whom do you work for?

Me: my employer xxxx

VO: who is ur end client

Me: yyyyy

VO: how long you were with your employer

Me:2yrs

VO: where did study

Me: zzz univ, place

Looks like VO pulled my employer details and look at something for longtime

VO: does your employer pays you well?

Me: yes

VO: pls be seated will call u back, i just took a chair in front of VO.

she went discussing with other VOs, by showing something on her screen.

Discussed for a while and called me back again

VO: how often do u communicate with ur employer

Me: every week i update my work status to my employer through conference calls and get next work requirements to deliver the services to client.

VO: where did you work befor to this client

Me: client..zzzzzz, location

VO: do you have any issues reg. Pay with your employer?

Me: no

VO: There are some labor complaints on your employer, and gave me a booklet asking to call the numbers that are listed if I get any issues. Pls collect your passport in 3 days.

Finally, Vancouver is a safe place for visa stamping (at least current scenario), be confident and sound confident when answering there should be no major fuss. All the best folks for the interviews wish the issuance of visa will be the same as my experience. Another experience of "itsmeraj001" is posted in as a separate post.

Thanks

Kiran

Hi Kiran,

First of all congratulations

Thanks Very much for posting your experience..it really gives encouragement when we read something positive reg the stamping ...i am really happy for all you getting stamped without any issues...

I also have my appointment scheduled on 26th jan in vancouver.....i am a bit nervous(a lot to be frank) but your post boosting up my hope...

Any general suggestions who are planning to go to vancouver ???

I work in CT but i took appointment in vancouver so do they ask some thing like you have near by consulates why are scheduled at vancouver??

Thanks Much

@Kirannumb, thanks for posting your experience. My wife and I got our visa approved in Vancouver on Nov 29th, so just a day later.

The Interview was much the same, except since we were FTE it was restricted to "What do you do" and "how long are you in H-1B status" .

BTW, do you know when the passports will be available for pickup ? And whats the best number to reach the DHL office at ?

Hi Kirannumb, itsmeraj001 and Krishna,

Hearty congratulations to three of you. You three sure did leave a lot of hope for everyone of us here.

I would really appreciate if you guys can throw some light on few of my concerns:

In E-V-C model, I can say that my employer/petitioner will supervise my work at clients place in a way of weekly calls and status reports and all that... and what if the VO asks about the Vendor in between? how do i fit the vendor in the discussion and what should be the responsibilities of the vendor? Should he have control on me which I doubt as he is not holding my H1B or should is say that he is preferred vendor and that is why i had to go through him? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do help me in this issue i need some guidance and would appreciate your responses.

Just so you guys know...

I do have the client letter stating i am working at client place XYZ through ABC and 123 is my actual petioner.

I also have another vendor letter saying i work for 123 and 123 has total control of me.

Should these two letters satisfy the employee-employer relation?

Eagerly waiting for some response from knowledgeable persons out there... this is gonna help thousand of Murthy forum followers.... PLEASE HELP.

Thanks in advace.

Hi Kiran,

Thanks Very much for posting your experience..it really gives encouragement when we read something positive reg the stamping ...i am really happy for all you getting stamped without any issues...

I also have my appointment scheduled on 26th jan in vancouver.....i am a bit nervous(a lot to be frank) but your post boosting up my hope...

I work in CT but i took appointment in vancouver so do they ask some thing like you have near by consulates why are scheduled at vancouver??

Thanks Much

No they won't ask you even if they you can say you have friends in seattle...you have visited them

Congragulations to all 3 of you who got your visa stamped :)

Can you please do me a favor and let us know what all documents you took for the stamping (docs from you/employer)?

itsmeraj001 was kind enough to share his list on his post and I want to make sure I am not missing anything by doing a cross reference. I really appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks,

K

Hi Kirannumb, itsmeraj001 and Krishna,

Hearty congratulations to three of you. You three sure did leave a lot of hope for everyone of us here.

I would really appreciate if you guys can throw some light on few of my concerns:

In E-V-C model, I can say that my employer/petitioner will supervise my work at clients place in a way of weekly calls and status reports and all that... and what if the VO asks about the Vendor in between? how do i fit the vendor in the discussion and what should be the responsibilities of the vendor? Should he have control on me which I doubt as he is not holding my H1B or should is say that he is preferred vendor and that is why i had to go through him? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do help me in this issue i need some guidance and would appreciate your responses.

Just so you guys know...

I do have the client letter stating i am working at client place XYZ through ABC and 123 is my actual petioner.

I also have another vendor letter saying i work for 123 and 123 has total control of me.

Should these two letters satisfy the employee-employer relation?

Eagerly waiting for some response from knowledgeable persons out there... this is gonna help thousand of Murthy forum followers.... PLEASE HELP.

Thanks in advace.

Hey Rajv,

Don't worry about it you can say the vendor in between just manages the billing between your employer and client. Client cannot do business with everyone which is why he has preferred vendors and XYZ (your vendor) is preferred vendor who only manages billing. This should be sufficient.

Yes, client letter and your employer letter should be sufficient for the employee-employer relationship.

Thanks

Kiran

Congragulations to all 3 of you who got your visa stamped :)

Can you please do me a favor and let us know what all documents you took for the stamping (docs from you/employer)?

itsmeraj001 was kind enough to share his list on his post and I want to make sure I am not missing anything by doing a cross reference. I really appreciate your help in this regard.

Thanks,

K

Timwim,

itsmeraj and my appointment was on same day so it is the same check list that he had on this post.

Thanks everyone for the wishes.

Hi guys,

Congratulations on your visa approvals. I have a question, does change of client require H1-B amendment if place of current work differs from original petition. I got my H1B extension with client A and now I am with client B, if I appear for visa stamping, will Amendment be one of the items they require from us?

Thanks.

Hi guys,

Congratulations on your visa approvals. I have a question, does change of client require H1-B amendment if place of current work differs from original petition. I got my H1B extension with client A and now I am with client B, if I appear for visa stamping, will Amendment be one of the items they require from us?

Thanks.

Yeah H1B Should be Ammended if there is any materialistic change in your employment...mainly when there is a change of Location...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kiran,

Thanks Much

HI Sri,

This is shan...... I have also scheduled my appointment for Jan26th. let me know if we can discuss more......thanks

Archived