Green card

happy@123

Hi All,

I'm working with an Indian company since 2007. I have been to US in 2010 from the same employer.

Now I would like to apply for Green CARD but my employer will not process GC.

Total exp I have is 8 Years

3.5 years in first company and having all experience letters

4.5 Years in current company (Still working)

I am planning to quit my current employer after getting good job. If i quit my current employer they will not give my experience letters. Please clarify the below questions.

My questions:

1. How soon I can apply for GC under new employer/consultancy (having valid work permit unto Jan 2013) and it there any minimum duration to work with new employer before applying GC?

2. At which process in GC I can get the h1 extensions without delays or any other problems?

3. Do i require experience letters from my current employer?

Generally, the PERM process is for future employment without a requirement that the Beneficiary work for the sponsor until the green card is approved. Therefore, there is not a duration requirement to work for the employer before an individual can be sponsored for a green card through the PERM process. Once an individual reaches the normal six year limitation of their H1B status, they can extend in two circumstances, their PERM application was filed more than 365 days prior to their sixth year limitation of H1B status and is still valid, or they have an approved I-140 petition. Lastly, experience letters are required (or sufficient secondary evidence) from prior employers if the experience with that employer is being utilized to qualify for the proffered position in the PERM application. If you have additional questions, please contact a qualified U.S. immigration attorney.

Hi All,

I'm working with an Indian company since 2007. I have been to US in 2010 from the same employer.

Now I would like to apply for Green CARD but my employer will not process GC.

Total exp I have is 8 Years

3.5 years in first company and having all experience letters

4.5 Years in current company (Still working)

I am planning to quit my current employer after getting good job. If i quit my current employer they will not give my experience letters. Please clarify the below questions.

My questions:

1. How soon I can apply for GC under new employer/consultancy (having valid work permit unto Jan 2013) and it there any minimum duration to work with new employer before applying GC?

It all depends on your new employer. Normally there is no set criteria for this.

2. At which process in GC I can get the h1 extensions without delays or any other problems?

Please read the above reply.

3. Do i require experience letters from my current employer?

Yes you do. Also, in case you're unable to get experience letters from your previous employers, you can always get a similar letter from your peer and have it notraize.

Hope this helps :)

Archived