Delhi Stamping Experience

sampitroda

I went for stamping as a full time employee in US embassy delhi on 25 nov 2011. The visa officer approved my visa and said i will receive passport in courier.

he asked - where do you work? what you do? and what were you doing before?

I have 2 questions as I wait for my passport.

1. He kept my DS160 and my attached I797A original. Will they give my I797 back.

2. Just before the finger printing and the interview the indian lady checked my documents at the counter and she wrote 11 digit number on my DS 160 but she did not say anything to me. I think that is a case number. Is that written on everybody's DS 160. Is that the common procedure.

Thanks,

kg

I went for stamping as a full time employee in US embassy delhi on 25 nov 2011. The visa officer approved my visa and said i will receive passport in courier.

1. He kept my DS160 and my attached I797A original. Will they give my I797 back.

2. Just before the finger printing and the interview the indian lady checked my documents at the counter and she wrote 11 digit number on my DS 160 but she did not say anything to me. I think that is a case number. Is that written on everybody's DS 160. Is that the common procedure.

Thanks,

kg

congrats.

Would you pls post here when you recd your passport? VFS indicates next day for counter collection at all posts.

congrats.

Would you pls post here when you recd your passport? VFS indicates next day for counter collection at all posts.

I got my passport the next day i.e monday. Please note that as of now the vfs New Delhi updates all the passport information online between 2PM and 3PM so look out for updates during that time.

I also wanted to let you guys know a few pointers that I learnt during the process.

As of now I believe Delhi Consulate has a higher level of scrutiny for EVC models than Vancouver Consulate. I was a full time employee so I went to Delhi. Although it may not be a good idea to do Consulate shopping therefore I would advise everybody to have their cases clean and logical.

I would also urge people to read nuefeld memo so that you have an idea of what is expected of you.

I would also ask you guys to read your I129 and LCA in detail as you will know what information was provided by your lawyer and you do not contradict it.

One very important note: If you guys are reading this then make sure that you post your information after the interview. You get what you give.

Thanks and best of luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

kg

hey kg...Congratulations on your approval.. iwas looking for your Post from long time...Mine got approved too in Vancouver...

Archived