Administrative Processing in Calgary

vv29

Hi Folks,

Had a Visa Interview today at the US Consulate in Calgary. I was told that my case requires administrative processing (AP). Surprisingly, I wasn't given any 221(G) forms. Just a printout saying Administrative Processing with check mark against DS-157. I was asked to fill that(DS-157) out and hand it back to the Visa officer. They have all my documents with the exception of my passport. The VO told me they'll contact me via email and it could take upto 2 to 3 weeks. Anybody else in the boat? If anyone had a similar experience, please let me know how long it took for you, because I know the estimates given are usually the utmost time it can take. Thank you!

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the response! Here are the details:

I work as a Contractor and it's EVC model. The questions were all generic. I was asked who my client is , where I did my Masters from and how long I've worked for this company. After that she handed me the administrative processing form with DS-157 checked. I filled that out and handed it back to here. The verbiage was the same, we'll notify you via email and it could take upto 2 to 3 weeks! I have no idea what it is for! Could be anything from PIMS update to back ground check (I don't have a common name, so it couldn't be that). Anybody here in Calgary waiting on this decision?

Hi W29,

I also went for H1B stamping at Calgary on Nov 22nd and got white slip with Administrative processing. She kept my all the documents and returned my passport. I was told it is going to take 7-10 working days to finish Administrative process. I am in EVC model and she mainly asked questions about E-E relationship. I initially planned to go to Ottawa for stamping as I got my last 2 stamping from there but after seeing lots of 221g in Ottawa, I decided to go to Calgary. Hope our case can get clear soon!!!

Hi desi_md,

I'm sorry to hear about your case. I hope everything gets sorted out very soon. Every other person seems to be getting it now and thats what bothers me, I hope the increasing number of cases don't create a backlog. So where are you put up? Are you planning on working remotely?

Hey vv29,

I am also planning to come to calgary and can you contact me at broomfield12 at g.

Hey Bricky, I send you an email. So when do you plan on coming to Calgary? Are you a contractor working under the EVC Model? Everybody's case is bound to be different. I hope you get your's without any hassles. But my advice is just be prepared to stay back for 10 to 15 days in the worst case.

Guys,

I got my visa approved today. I was interviewed on Nov 22nd and got an email on Friday to submit passport. They verified my employment with Client and Vendor before sending me passport request. Majority of guys are working in EVC model are getting Administrative Processing but final outcome is positive. There is only one lady VO who is interviewing all the Non-Immigrant applications. I submitted my passport today and hoping to get within 2-3 business days.

Hi Desi_md congratulation on you Visa approval.

I have a couple of quick questions and would appreciate if any one help me on those:

1. How to prove employee-employer relationship to the Visa officer?

2. I am in E-V-C model, besides saying, that on a weekly basis I interact with my employer or petitioner about the work assignment, should I also prove that I talk about the work assignment to the middle vendor as well?

3. what if the VO asks about middle vendor and his role, what is the best way to convince him. As we all know middle vendor is like primary vendor to the client and I can only work for the client through him, so i am not sure if I have to involve him in the employee employer relation ship.

Please help me with some valuable suggestions and thanks in advance.

-thanks

Archived