3012 impact

rani1876

I think roul_raj did not do his ground work before checking the requirements of EB2 in this country. And just concentrated on feeling glorified of his mammoth feat he thinks he achieved decades ago.

Its like walking from NY to CA when one can can take a flight.

Or like jumping from a diving board assuming its a 10 feet deep pool and finding out its a kids pool.

For decisions like these, common sense is needed, not degrees. I have a Masters degree but I would not flaunt it to degrade an EB3 persons qualification or fight to be in EB1.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@rani1876: I have a Masters degree but I would not flaunt it to degrade an EB3 persons qualification or fight to be in EB1.

When EB3 folks are constantly being flaunted by EB2 folks, then what do you expect from us? Are we going to sit quietly and listen to your abusing?

@rani1876: he thinks he achieved decades ago

I am not thinking here. This is what I achieved without an advanced degree. If an Advanced Degree holder is allowed to boast of their Degree Status, and is allowed to abuse non-advanced degree holders, then there is no wrong for a non-advanced degree holder to boast of their achievement.

When EB3 folks are constantly being flaunted by EB2 folks

Where and when?

Where did you see abuse here? If you saw some "being flaunted" on some other forum, go complain there...

I am not thinking here. This is what I achieved without an advanced degree. If an Advanced Degree holder is allowed to boast of their Degree Status, and is allowed to abuse non-advanced degree holders, then there is no wrong for a non-advanced degree holder to boast of their achievement.

You can boast about your achievements all you want, although that is somewhat like "my car is bigger than your car".

In an immigration context, certain achievements matter more than others. If your achievements are of particular interest to the US, e.g., economically, you may qualify for EB2-NIW. That's the level of "creator of Linux" (Mr. Torvalds got his GC through EB2-NIW.) Is that the level of achievement you are talking about? Care to tell us more about it?

I guess you meant Taunted by..not flaunt!!....

and no one is abusing any one here....I have seen many people without advanced degrees with good enough experience(5+) and an employer who filed for their GC in EB2...

It is of no use arguing in this forum and name calling people who have been helping the whole community voluntarily.

PernalGuy

That would be wonderful if this bill passes. I am EB3 India, PD 03/25/2005, I-485 filing in 07/2007. I have been in the US since 01/2001. Got married, have a 4 year old boy but life is very unpredictable without GC. Its just that every practical decision has to be made in contrast with immigration status situation.

At times I see that you in particular get really frustrated and I totally feel it. I hope our wait is over soon.

There is some kind of hate going on in this broken immigration system. The pattern is like this:

EB2 hates EB3 and EB3-ROW hate EB2 but not EB1.

EB2 I/C hates EB2 ROW, EB1C and EB3.

Does EB1 hate anybody? No, because above them everything is VOID. They are the bosses.

Where do you get all these from? Why would EB2 hate EB3? You, as EB3, is the one who always hated EB2.

3012 is supposed to remove just the country limits, if that is the case EB2 (India and China) will be become current before EB3 sees any impact. Is my assumption correct?

The question above assumes 3012 passes and becomes the law fairly quickly, which is highly unlikely from the chatter on this forum and others.

3012 is supposed to remove just the country limits, if that is the case EB2 (India and China) will be become current before EB3 sees any impact. Is my assumption correct?

Yes. That's one reason why it is fundamentally flawed.

It would not make much of a dent, if any at all, in the PD for EB3-I/C, and would only drag the EB3-ROW PD to the EB3-I/C dates.

It would not make much of a dent, if any at all, in the PD for EB3-I/C, and would only drag the EB3-ROW PD to the EB3-I/C dates.

Are there any other solutions for clearing this backlog? Visa recapture option will certainly go to the dust bin. This is the only viable solution right now. Nobody wants to wait 70 years.

Pernalguy and Roul_raj123,

For all the hate you have for EB2, IF 3012 passes (and thats a big IF) - EB2 would benefit first before you see any change to EB3 dates - thoughts?

Are there any other solutions for clearing this backlog? Visa recapture option will certainly go to the dust bin. This is the only viable solution right now. Nobody wants to wait 70 years.

It won't change anything for EB3, because it just takes from country A in EB3 to country B in EB3.

The only viable solution would be to increase the quota numbers.

But you guys, in your desire to push this thing through, managed to alienate everybody you need support from to get a quota increase. A rather short-sighted move...

Help me understand how EB2 I/C will become current. Currently all the unused EB2 and EB1's go to I/C EB2. As per USCIS pending inventory there are 24000 pending visas in global EB2 demand. This does not include I/C between July 2007 and now. In addition to that the 24000 does not include spouse and family numbers needed.

So my assumption is if 3012 becomes law than it will be made effective not immediately but in some stages. Also eventually EB2 I/C may become current or less than year wait but that does not seem to happen in one or two years.

This law however makes it "little" better for EB3.

Correct me if I am wrong.

The only solution to this problem is actually visa recapture. This way the visa's that were legitimately available, but were wasted due to USCIS/DoS inaction can be used. You should petition your Congressmen to support a bill of this kind. It will have no link to any other issues relating to immigration, so it should ideally be packed under some other bill. Just my thoughts!

3012 has passed in the House.

What immediate impact does it have on EB2I.

If it passes say in December, what date becomes current for EB2I?

It won't have much impact for the PDs for India and China.

Use simple math. Most visa numbers go to these countries already...

The impact will be a bit bigger for EB2 than EB3, though, simply because there are less people in EB2.

The impact will be a bit bigger for EB2 than EB3, though, simply because there are less people in EB2.

Again, you are wrong. You have a very limited knowledge.

If 3012 passes, there is a benefit for India:

EB3-I - 01-JAN-2005

EB2-I - 01-JAN-2010

Archived