H1 B extension

vibhuvijayan

Recently i have got my 3 year of my visa extension as i complete my 6th year of H1B.

H1B extension and number of year depend of following factors as per my experience.Mine is E-V-****-C mode.

1- You should provide a client letter explicitly stating that your project will go for 3 year. It should be clearly stated in client letter document.

2- Client letter should explicitly mention about the name your H1B employer as your employer who controls your work/payroll/vacation. This is most critical to get your visa approved in case you are not in E-C mode.

3- In case you dont get your client letter on client letter head still then it does not matter, you can write on a MS word document and explain your client manager to support you in case of any quesries and then you can get signature of him on the client letter.

4- Client letter should contain manager client email address,Office Phone number and Designation.

I hope this information will help you.

I can't agree more with binayak9 regarding the client letter. It seems like this is vital for getting a 3 year extension along with all the other necessary docs like Approved I-140 etc..

My details::Completed 6 years on H-1B, was on F-1(student) visa before, Approved I-140, was with the same company since the begining of H-1B. Here is my story... Myself and a couple of other friends/colleagues were in the same situation. Myself & other colleagues were able to get a client letter clearly stating the length of the project(with a clause for "Possibility of extension"), job duties and the vendor company through which I was working, Dates of my job etc . I was also able to get a similar letter from my vendor company through which I was working at the client with the info same as the client letter. I did not provide any PO, as that is deemed private to the vendor/employer and they were not very comfortable to share that info. Me and all my friends got an extension for 3years.

On the other hand, my friend who works for a different client was only able to get a client letter with the specific dates for 1 year without any indication of an extension and he got an extension only for 1 year. So, it seems like the client letter is vital and not all clients are very considerate in understanding and providing a client letter. Hope this helps!!!

Archived