Moving back from EAD to H4 if husband's I-140 gets denied

mbz_visa

Hello Folks

I am currently on H4 and have received my EAD + AP card, after my husband concurrently filed for our I-485 with his I-140. My H4 status and VISA is vald till Sep 2014. I would like to start working on my EAD. If my husband's I-140 gets rejected, I will need to move back to my H4 status. My questions are:

(1) Can I go back to H4 status without leaving the country? i.e. apply for change of status while staying in US?

(2) After change of status to H4, can I use my existing H4 visa (valid till Sep 2014) or do I have to apply for a new H4 visa to re-enter the country if I travel outside the US?

(3) When using the EAD, can I travel and re-enter easily with my combined EAD/AP card?

I would really appreciate your response.

Thanks

mbz_visa

Hello pontevecchio

Thanks for your response. if the AOS is denied, do I automatically come back to H4 or do I have to apply for a change of status? If latter, can I apply for status change (EAD -> H4) while in the US? Lastly, once I am on H4 status, can I use my existing H4 visa (valid till Sep 2014) or do I have to get a new VISA stamp before re-entering?

Archived