HR 3012 & S 1857 Impact?

Mike M

If you guys have something to eat at your table today, it was because some of EB3 category went to farm worked hard, planted, harvested and placed in store for you bought, so did not disrespect their category, all EB3 category have some kind of skills too. ( Humbel )

Who are on EB1 / EB2 followers is not making any of that.

I have attained enough experience, and knowledge.

Your posts don't show that.

Do you think that I am working in USA for more than 10 years without knowledge and experience?

So, why are you then still chasing an EB3? Haven't you heard about the "5 years progressive experience" thing?

So I would advise yourself to refrain from pointing fingers to EB3 folks

Nobody points fingers at EB3 folks. I do point fingers at people who claim to be educated, yet show a lack of education in their posts.

I think roul_raj123 and dm_neo are a victim of speed of time. Unfortunately that cant be changed.

I am sure if they studied in US or worked few years longer to apply in EB2, today they would not have vomitted their thoughts like that.

Well I'm EB2 and a graduate degree holder, but just giving my observations here. BTW, JoeF there are many accredited universities and people with Masters degrees that are UTTERLY USELESS (remember tri valley and UNV). I've worked with many many such people. I don't want to sound like a racist against my own people here, but many Indians fall in this category.

And? The same can hold true for people using EB3. That there may be some people who use "dad's money" doesn't justify to claim that all EB3 folks are "better."

Again, and?

For an immigration benefit, the degree has to come from an accredited university. Accreditation ensures a minimum educational quality.

And this of course has absolutely nothing to do with EB3 or EB2.

If you claim that the EB3 people are from top-tier universities, then they could have easily gotten advanced degrees.

So, once again, we have more rambling, and no substance. I find it interesting that it is only the people who claim EB3 is somehow "better" who end up showing otherwise in their own posts...

BTW, I never said that all EB3 folks are better than EB2. Many many folks are useless there as well.

And? The same can hold true for people using EB3. That there may be some people who use "dad's money" doesn't justify to claim that all EB3 folks are "better."

Again, and?

For an immigration benefit, the degree has to come from an accredited university. Accreditation ensures a minimum educational quality.

And this of course has absolutely nothing to do with EB3 or EB2.

If you claim that the EB3 people are from top-tier universities, then they could have easily gotten advanced degrees.

So, once again, we have more rambling, and no substance. I find it interesting that it is only the people who claim EB3 is somehow "better" who end up showing otherwise in their own posts...

Let's just get over all this EB1, EB2 and EB3 debate, and lets create a standardized test (including option to include scores for other standardized test) for obtaining a green card. I've been thinking about this idea for a while.

I think roul_raj123 and dm_neo are a victim of speed of time. Unfortunately that cant be changed.

I am sure if they studied in US or worked few years longer to apply in EB2, today they would not have vomitted their thoughts like that.

I disagree with your statement. Not all employers want to process EB2, and do not want to risk with all the **** of audits, denials, etc. For them, EB3 route is easy and less pain. In fact, my employer told me not to do Masters. I am doing Masters in Business and much easier than doing in India.

FYI, I disagree what JoeF and Bell say. I will meet them in person once H.R. 3012 passes and want to tell them they are wrong and biases towards EB3 folks. They are hurting them. I have 14 years of progressive IT experience and next year Masters in Business.

I disagree with your statement. Not all employers want to process EB2, and do not want to risk with all the **** of audits, denials, etc.

There isn't much risk if the application is prepared correctly. That's where a good lawyer comes in...

They are hurting them. I have 14 years of progressive IT experience and next year Masters in Business.

The only one hurting the EB3 people are some of the EB3 people themselves. In particular the ones who insult all others. Tell me again why I should support you guys if all I seein this thread is insults?

I disagree with your statement. Not all employers want to process EB2, and do not want to risk with all the **** of audits, denials, etc. For them, EB3 route is easy and less pain. In fact, my employer told me not to do Masters. I am doing Masters in Business and much easier than doing in India.

FYI, I disagree what JoeF and Bell say. I will meet them in person once H.R. 3012 passes and want to tell them they are wrong and biases towards EB3 folks. They are hurting them. I have 14 years of progressive IT experience and next year Masters in Business.

All EB3 folks on this post are so blinded that you have lost your reasoning power. JoeF and Belle have never said against EB3, they just said EB2 Vs. EB3 infighting is causing a lose-lose situation for all. Is this difficult to understand.

You are putting yourself in poor light by your tirades against EB2 just because they are getting green cards faster. That is just plain jealously. I sympathize with EB3 and the long wait (70 years......come on) but that is what the law is. You are crying sour grapes because EB2 line is shorter and EB3 longer. It is natural to feel jealous but take a step back and think about it. We are not 5 year olds crying at the end of the long general admission line in a Disney park looking at the shorter, more expensive premium lines.

You have taken a good step towards an MBA, so please act like one.

We need to unite together in our efforts to get the law changed to have higher immigrant visas and not divide and fight for the measly pie available now.

It's Belle, not Bell.

The bills does nothing to help EB3 folks. It reshuffles numbers within EB3 category. The total quota remains the same before and after that bill. Anyone for this bill simply says "give the green card to me, not the other EB3 guy". It's really not quantum physics to understand this...

@rani1876: I think roul_raj123 and dm_neo are a victim of speed of time. Unfortunately that cant be changed.

If you think that roul_raj123 and dm_neo are victims of speed of time, then you are a victim of illusion. Unfortunately that can never be changed.

]@rani1876: I am sure if they studied in US or worked few years longer to apply in EB2, today they would not have vomitted their thoughts like that.

If you guys wanted to study in the USA to get a Job (Proper IT Job), then I achieved that feat a decade ago. The bottom line is that I did that without an advanced degree. It looks like there are many people, who are so dumb, that they are not able to get a job in USA, without going for an advanced degree in USA... OR do you guys think that Student Visa is the easiest route to enter into USA, which was otherwise impossible for those guys. If you guys are so much enthusiastic in increasing your knowledge, then why you guys do not continue your education path, by doing PHDs and research activities, instead of doing a job for which advanced degrees are not needed.

The risk arises only if the position does not qualify for EB2 and/or the individual does not have EB2 credentials. If you are in a job that requires Masters or Bachelors plus 5 years and if you do have that qualification, you are eligible to file under Eb2, it's that simple. If your employer really likes you then there is no way he would want to keep you unhappy. I would suggest rather focus your efforts in showing that you are really a worthwhile employee so that you can "upgrade" your case to EB2.

What is your educational background? before your masters in business? I am just curious.

Well I'm EB2 and a graduate degree holder, but just giving my observations here. BTW, JoeF there are many accredited universities and people with Masters degrees that are UTTERLY USELESS (remember tri valley and UNV). I've worked with many many such people. I don't want to sound like a racist against my own people here, but many Indians fall in this category.

"many" doesnt define the whole group. If pernalguy was any smarter he would ve found a new employer who is willing to do his case in EB2.

Well I'm EB2 and a graduate degree holder, but just giving my observations here. BTW, JoeF there are many accredited universities and people with Masters degrees that are UTTERLY USELESS (remember tri valley and UNV).

Sigh. TVU and **** are not accredited. Thanks for making my point.

Guys, I have a folk tale to tell you. A real one.

Once upon a time, there was a mama-bear who had two bear cubs. When they grew up, they went to explore the world. Both of them were very competitive. They were wondering around the wilderness and found a head of cheese.

Bear borthers wanted to eat the cheese but they could not divide it because each one was sure he would get the smaller half. A fox was going around the forest, and found them at the dilemma. "Easy" said the fox "I will divide it for you". The brothers agreed. The fox broke the head of cheese into two halves, but one of them was smaller than the other. "I will fix it for you" said the fox, and he bit off a few chunks of the larger half. "Oh, look, now the other half is larger! I will fix it in no time" said the fox, and bit off from the other half. And so it went, until the brothers got equal but very very small chunks. The rest went to the fox.

This bill is came from the fox that wants you to fight over EB2, EB3, India, ROW, and so on. If you keep on fighting over what's "fair relative to me", you lose track of the big picture - that the anti fox is keeping you under 140K lid, which does not reflect what you deliver for this country. This is how the antis keep legal immgration down. You are helping them. Keep on, borthers, I am sure there is some measly crump of chease you have not weighted on 300 times.

Unfortunately emotions are taking over a rational discussion, All those who feel being neglected or less "loved". Please vent it infront of those who can change.

1) No immigrant should feel entitled to get GC or get priority be it EB2 or 3. All immigrants in EB 2 and 3 lines educated and work for mostly white collar jobs.

2) EB2 folks may not be Einsteins and neither are vast Majority of EB1's. However majority of EB1 and 2 have been educated in decent universities here in US. They have spent time and thier own money to travel thousands of miles and take chance. Yes there are lot of EB2's who are at best not even worth being an Engineer but thats where the bell curve comes into play. Lets talk of the trailing edge of EB3's

3) I feel sorry for EB2 and EB3 folks who have graduated from decent universities in US and doing jobs which are in line with thier qualification. These guys did not get free ticket to come to US and vast majority did not come from rich Households. I know brilliant guys who could not afford Harvard and had to settle in for a cheap school but yet are working for Fortune 50 companies. There are a lot of these.

4) None the less immigrant is an immigrant and whatever legitimate route taken to emigrate is comendable instead of sitting on bench or openly cheating immigration laws. An EB2 working for fulltime employer doing a shitty job but following all laws is better suited (not ideal) to this country than guy who breaks law at every stage of the immigration process.

5) Let us be honest what has the IT skilled immigration done to the IT Jobs in this country, Majority of the companies hire only Contractors these days instead of full time positions in IT field. Too much of anything is not good, yes there is genuine need for IT but I am not sure if demand equals the IT immigration.

So Guys chill lets use this forum to help each other not as mudslinging arena.

@pernal guy.... you are not eligible for EB2 since your job profile requires minimum bachelors . Also for EB2 minimum 16 years of education is required. I guess you have 15 years of education. Even after 14 yrs in usa experience you find it so hard to find a job with Masters criteria that surprising. Are you with your same employer since the GC process started for you ?

If you think that roul_raj123 and dm_neo are victims of speed of time, then you are a victim of illusion. Unfortunately that can never be changed.

If you guys wanted to study in the USA to get a Job (Proper IT Job), then I achieved that feat a decade ago. The bottom line is that I did that without an advanced degree. It looks like there are many people, who are so dumb, that they are not able to get a job in USA, without going for an advanced degree in USA... OR do you guys think that Student Visa is the easiest route to enter into USA, which was otherwise impossible for those guys. If you guys are so much enthusiastic in increasing your knowledge, then why you guys do not continue your education path, by doing PHDs and research activities, instead of doing a job for which advanced degrees are not needed.

Thats right roul_raj. You said it yourself. You answered the question why you are stuck in EB3. that is because the job that you are doing requires bachelors degree.... The people who are in EB2 have a masters degree plus they are also doing a job which requires minimum masters degree. So instead of cribbing try to do your masters education and then try to get a job which requires masters degree

Archived