HR 3012 & S 1857 Impact?

Mike M

As you know, EB3-I is backlogged for more than 10 years. These people really suffered a lot and ignored by this broken immigration system. This bill will give some relief to that category. Some people will oppose it because they think that their category will be retrogresses. Nothing will happen to EB2. Who would you favor? American system follows a pattern whether in grocery store, port of entry, government offices, etc. they form a line and they offer service from first in the line and not from last. I believe FIFO should be followed everywhere even in employment bases categories.

What do you think EB3-I should be ignored?. It took 10 years to come up with a simple bill and it's going to be passed. Last major bill was in 2000 (AC21).

It is unlikely that this passes. It is election season, and historically, nothing immigration-related has passed during election seasons.

If anything would pass, then something for the "best and brightest", i.e., EB1 and possibly EB2, or for creating startups. With unemployment high, and the election season, it would be very hard for politicians to justify a bill that increases competition for the existing jobs.

JoeF, I didn't understand your statement. Unemployment rate In IT sector is only 4%, and EB3 folks are working and you know that. Moreover, there is no increase in visas.

I thought you were the brightest in this forum but to me you have no knowledge . From your statement, it looks like you are against EB3 and oppose this bill.

I tell you one thing for sure 3012 will pass. Enough is enough too much waiting by EB3-Indians. 10 to 70 years wait is not a solution. EB3-I folks don't come here because this forum belongs to EB2.

Bottom line is, I believe in FIFO and Fairness in Immigration System. EB3 folks are not illegals as others have pointed out.

SameerH1Bworker,

I know the difference between EB2 and EB3. FYI, you don't underestimate EB3 folks. They are also well qualified some have Masters. In fact, I am doing Masters in Business.and I have 14 years of IT experience. By issue is not with EB2 but with EB3-I and EB-ROW. EB3 is backlogged for 10 years whereas EB3-ROW is 6 years. Is it fair? When Congress is doing something for EB3-I and EB3-C, EB2 and EB3-ROW have started a movement to oppose it. What if EB2 is backlogged say 15 years what you would have done. I don't care if this bill passes or not but there should be some relief given to EB3. I will pray that this bill passes and let EB3 move until 2006.

Let me repeat EB3 has well qualified people. Don't underestimate them.

JoeF, I didn't understand your statement. Unemployment rate In IT sector is only 4%

Hmm, may I ask where you got that data from?

And, employment-based GCs are not limited to IT.

and EB3 folks are working and you know that.

My point was the perception in the general public. Politicians up for re-election would have to explain their voting record to a likely uninformed public, and their opponents would be happy to have an opportunity to paint them as giving jobs to foreigners. Has happened before...

Bottom line is, I believe in FIFO and Fairness in Immigration System. EB3 folks are not illegals as others have pointed out.

What you believe in is rather irrelevant.

And please stop this BS about 70 years. That's scare tactics not grounded in reality. And you know that.

Nobody takes people like you seriously until you stop using false data for scare tactics.

No politician wants to be associated with crazies who use fake data to scare people.

EB3 folks are not illegals as others have pointed out.

And btw, dissing illegals is of course yet another short-sighted thing that some people do...

Recently, a Mercedes manager was arrested in Alabama under their new anti-illegal-immigrant law. That shows that all immigrants should be concerned about such laws, even if the laws are supposedly only target illegals.

"A German manager with Mercedes-Benz is free after being arrested for not having a driver’s license with him under Alabama’s new law targeting illegal immigrants, authorities said Friday, in an otherwise routine case that drew the attention of Gov. Robert Bentley." (source: WashtPost.)

Also note that the racial profiling excuse doesn't work anymore. This was a white guy, from Germany... legally here, of course.

I read this on a post by a user -

When an alien applies for student visa, he is not asked "Where are you born?"

When he graduates from American university, he is not asked "Where are you born?

When Corporations like Microsoft hire him, he is not asked "Where are you born?"

When he applies for H1 status, he is not asked "Where are you born?"

When he applies for Green Card Labor, he is not asked "Where are you born?"

When his 140 is approved, he is not asked "Where are you born?"

Then, suddenly, when it comes to I-485 or the the final stage, he is asked "Where are you born?" Oh! you are born in India or China???? Then you need to go down to another line.....

@ SameerH1Bworker: No offence but there is difference between EB2 & EB3

This is definitely an offensive comment. You are trying to bring forth caste system that is prevalent in your country of origination. In the IT field, there is absolutely no difference between EB2 and EB3. You may believe it or not. Do not be worried, USCIS will believe that same notion sooner or later. Light will flush out darkness in the time to come.

@ SameerH1Bworker: At grocery store will you buy veggie by first pick first buy or will you choose better???

Just to remind you that we are not in a Grocery Store, and we are not dealing with vegetables. You gave a very good example, but your example is constrained to the grocery store.

@ SameerH1Bworker: If person does not have experience or higher degree then how can he/she expect to be in line first then better quality?

Definitely, you came to the right point sooner or later by prioritizing Experience over Higher Degree (“experience or higher degree”). USCIS does not understand the meaning and value of experience over degree to some extent. You may earn many Higher Degrees, but in reality, a person with Experience, without higher degree, WILL perform a better quality job compared to a person without experience, and with higher degree. Do you think a person with a Higher Degree can just swipe their Higher Degree like a Credit Card and get their work done?

In this Forum, even the senior members like JoeF, and Belle are all biased against EB3. I don’t know why, but it may be due to the fact that they are also the beneficiary of the same broken immigration system. So that is why they are at all-out war against EB3 folks to save their skins.

EB3 folks do not need to prove their qualifications and experiences with some biased folks here, and we are not here to stop giving them fitting replies.

In this Forum, even the senior members like JoeF, and Belle are all biased against EB3. I don’t know why, but it may be due to the fact that they are also the beneficiary of the same broken immigration system. So that is why they are at all-out war against EB3 folks to save their skins.

What a bunch of boondoggle. Joe is a citizen, and I am an LPR. We have no skin in the game other than we want all immgrants regardless of the category to win (and that includes illegal immgrants - no untouchables here).

Maybe you should think about this statement - these bills are the biggest waste of time because they do not address the problem, which is the measely 140K quota. Even if you win, in the end, everybody loses because now everyone is fighting for a slightly bigger piece of the bone that got thrown to you as opposed to asking for a big fat chunk of meat that immigrants deserve. Asking for it together. Going against each other, like you do, is destructive. But of course, the problem is Belle and Joe.

Belle,

I disagree with your statement. You and JoeF know that this legal immigration system is broken. What would you do to give some relief to EB3-I and EB3-C folks who are here for more than 10 years, paying taxes, Social Security, etc. Nobody wants to wait 70 years. You might recommend them to upgrade to EB2 - that's not a solution.

You both are biased towards EB3 folks.

What a bunch of boondoggle. Joe is a citizen, and I am an LPR. We have no skin in the game other than we want all immgrants regardless of the category to win (and that includes illegal immgrants - no untouchables here).

Maybe you should think about this statement - these bills are the biggest waste of time because they do not address the problem, which is the measely 140K quota. Even if you win, in the end, everybody loses because now everyone is fighting for a slightly bigger piece of the bone that got thrown to you as opposed to asking for a big fat chunk of meat that immigrants deserve. Asking for it together. Going against each other, like you do, is destructive. But of course, the problem is Belle and Joe.

Well said.

I couldn't have agreed with Belle more. I think rather than wasting our effort over smaller things, it makes sense to fight for the bigger issues (i.e., increasing the quota).

@Pernalguy - EB category is just not based on an individuals qualifications, but it also depends on the job requirements. If you did you apply and get a job which requires EB2 level qualifications, it is not anyone's fault but your own. You do have an option to always "upgrade" your category, once you have the required experience/requirements. I strongly urge you to spend your quality time fighting for more pressing issues and I am sure just like you, everyone will get their GC's sooner.

Thanks!

In this Forum, even the senior members like JoeF, and Belle are all biased against EB3.

Huh? You must be living in an alternate universe.

The only thing I am biased against is playing one against the other. I oppose taking from A to give to B.

I want the whole pie to be bigger, so that both A and B benefit.

I suggest you stop trying to claim that some people are "biased."

Where are EB3 folks? Did they leave this country? There are only two people left: roul_raj123 and me. Just two visas required. Come on USCIS you can do it without 3012.

Since these bills are basically about redistribution of visas within the EB3 category, you and Roul can go at each for the measely scraps thrown to you by the anti-immgrants.

USCIS does not understand the meaning and value of experience over degree to some extent.

How did you come to that conclusion?

References, please.

And btw, USCIS doesn't make laws. Congress does. If you talk about experience, you should first increase your knowledge and experience about these things. Congress put the degree requirements in the law.

As always, educate yourself first before posting wrong stuff. You have a college degree, you should be able to find these things out before posting...

@Belle: Joe is a citizen, and I am an LPR

No one is asking you of your present status. The fact is that you all came from some grassroot Non-Immigration Status. You did not come from Space and landed here in USA as a Citizen or LPR.

The only thing that I am trying here is to discourage EB2 folks and their supporters to stop discriminating EB3 folks by giving Higher Degrees justifications, which is nothing but a weird and frustrated tactic by “bunch of boondoggle”.

This is definitely an offensive comment. You are trying to bring forth caste system that is prevalent in your country of origination. In the IT field, there is absolutely no difference between EB2 and EB3. You may believe it or not. Do not be worried, USCIS will believe that same notion sooner or later. Light will flush out darkness in the time to come.

Just to remind you that we are not in a Grocery Store, and we are not dealing with vegetables. You gave a very good example, but your example is constrained to the grocery store.

Definitely, you came to the right point sooner or later by prioritizing Experience over Higher Degree (“experience or higher degree”). USCIS does not understand the meaning and value of experience over degree to some extent. You may earn many Higher Degrees, but in reality, a person with Experience, without higher degree, WILL perform a better quality job compared to a person without experience, and with higher degree. Do you think a person with a Higher Degree can just swipe their Higher Degree like a Credit Card and get their work done?

EB3 folks do not need to prove their qualifications and experiences with some biased folks here, and we are not here to stop giving them fitting replies.

I completely agree with the fact that EB3 folks are in fact better than many EB2. I know people from India who complete their 4 year degree in 6 years, get into a B grade univ in the US based on their dad's money, get some exp of 2 years and apply for EB2. The fact of the matter is that there are numerous diploma mills in the US. Of all good EB2 India folks most are very similar to good EB3 India folks and only some are better and many are in fact worse.

@JoeF: If you talk about experience, you should first increase your knowledge and experience about these things.

I have attained enough experience, and knowledge. Do you think that I am working in USA for more than 10 years without knowledge and experience? So I would advise yourself to refrain from pointing fingers to EB3 folks, and utilize your time to refrain from the addiction to criticize EB3 folks.

@JoeF: As always, educate yourself first before posting wrong stuff.

Who are you to decide which is wrong and which is right? It is better for you to introspect your posted wrong stuffs.

@JoeF: If you talk about experience, you should first increase your knowledge and experience about these things.

I have attained enough experience, and knowledge. Do you think that I am working in USA for more than 10 years without knowledge and experience? So I would advise yourself to refrain from pointing fingers to EB3 folks, and utilize your time to refrain from the addiction to criticize EB3 folks.

@JoeF: As always, educate yourself first before posting wrong stuff.

Who are you to decide which is wrong and which is right? It is better for you to introspect your posted wrong stuffs.

No one is asking you of your present status. The fact is that you all came from some grassroot Non-Immigration Status. You did not come from Space and landed here in USA as a Citizen or LPR.

The only thing that I am trying here is to discourage EB2 folks and their supporters to stop discriminating EB3 folks by giving Higher Degrees justifications, which is nothing but a weird and frustrated tactic by “bunch of boondoggle”.

You stopped making sense quite a while ago, and now it just keeps unravelling. What does EB2 vs EB3 have to do with this bill? Nothing. Where did I or Joe ever say that EB3 people need to be discriminated against? Nowhere. Dilusions are not the best way to make an argument.

All I said that if you dicide to wage a war between EB2 and EB3, both groups are going to lose. I also think it is very sad that you are such a poor embassador for your own category.

I completely agree with the fact that EB3 folks are in fact better than many EB2. I know people from India who complete their 4 year degree in 6 years, get into a B grade univ in the US based on their dad's money, get some exp of 2 years and apply for EB2.

And? The same can hold true for people using EB3. That there may be some people who use "dad's money" doesn't justify to claim that all EB3 folks are "better."

The fact of the matter is that there are numerous diploma mills in the US.

Again, and?

For an immigration benefit, the degree has to come from an accredited university. Accreditation ensures a minimum educational quality.

And this of course has absolutely nothing to do with EB3 or EB2.

If you claim that the EB3 people are from top-tier universities, then they could have easily gotten advanced degrees.

So, once again, we have more rambling, and no substance. I find it interesting that it is only the people who claim EB3 is somehow "better" who end up showing otherwise in their own posts...

Archived