Removal of Condition on GC

I received my Greencard on the basis of my marriage to US Citizen . The Greencard was issued with the last name of my husband

unfortunately my marriage got dissolved and Now I have to apply for my removal of condition on the Green Card along . In the divorce decree the jugde has given me permission to use my former name.

I would like to restore my before marriage name and would prefer if I Greencard can be issued in my maiden name .

My question - is it possible for me to get the GC issued in my maiden Name ? If yes ? what is the procedure ?

Thanks

When filing for the I-751, one can state the name that she wants to appear on the new green card (i.e. the maiden name). The I-751 should include a copy of the original conditional green card as well as the divorce decree. The divorce decree from the judge will serve as court evidence of a name change sufficient to get a green card in the maiden name. The I-751 must also include proof of a bona fide marriage relationship prior to the disolution of the marriage.

Archived