All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nivas2010

H.R 3012 and FIFO clarity

Hi All,

I learnt that the H.R 3012 bill is pending for review by House/senate. if(only if) this comes into law, there won't be cap on the country and FIFO(first come first serve).

My question is, there is no clarity on FIFO, in this case, will there be difference in EB categories or not.

will they treat EB2 and EB3 as same? for example: EB3 India PD is currently Aug 2002 and EB2 India PD is Mar 2008.

now if this comes into law, will the EB3 people start getting the visas, before EB2.i

or the priorities remain same for EB categories.

Thanks,

Nivas.

I suggest waiting until this is farther along. My guess is that it won't go much farther. We have entered election season, and that usually means nothing happens on the immigration front.

I suggest waiting until this is farther along. My guess is that it won't go much farther. We have entered election season, and that usually means nothing happens on the immigration front.

Hi JoeF,

I agree with you that it may not happen, the only thing I wanted to understand was the clarity on FIFO, how the EB categories work(as mentioned in my first post) with this bill.

Hi JoeF,

I agree with you that it may not happen, the only thing I wanted to understand was the clarity on FIFO, how the EB categories work(as mentioned in my first post) with this bill.

EB2 will always have priority over EB3. All this would do is remove the country quotas within the categories.