Successful Stamping in Ottawa Nov 7th

sam834

I am very grateful to this forum and the members for helping me in the visa process and sharing their experience. I would like to share my experience and try to answer any questions.

The whole process was very stressful and I was following this forum since last three months.

FYI I am full time employee.

So I started by booking an appointment in Matamoros, Mexico. Came to know it was a bad option. Even if visa is approved. You will get your passport in a 3-4 days. I will have to stay in mexico for 1 week and there is absolutely nothing to do there. So I just cancelled the appointment.

I then booked my appointment in Canada. Got Canadian Visa through travel agent (Abriggs). Booked hotel in Byward Blue inn. Nice little hotel, free breakfast and close to consulate.

One advise look in this forum for sharing hotel room. You will save lot of money.

Appointment Day :

Went to consulate by 8:00 AM. Make sure your photo in DS-160 is most recent.

Went in, they give you a token and you have to wait for VO to call your token

The Chinese guy interviewed me.(FYI was very friendly for me, I know many people got 221g from this guy)

VO: how are you doing?

good

VO : where do you work?

Xx

VO: who is your end client? (Key questions)

I am full time working directly for my company xx

VO: what does you company do? (Guys don’t BS on technology, tell him what your company does and how it makes money, not what you do)

xxxx

VO: that’s it Visa approved.

No documents asked (I carried 20 pounds of documents)

Ok that was easy, Guys if everything is right, I don’t see any reason why they will reject. I even saw many EVC model guys getting visa, if you have client letter and can explain employee-employer relationship.

Ottawa is nice place, so had lot of thing to do. I got my passport Wednesday and got back to US.

US border:

They will ask where are you going? Make sure your location matches the location in your LCA.

Lucky the immigration guy was from Boston and we started talking about Boston and hotels there. He became my friend, so no issue there. Gave me I-94. All set.

@Raj- Mine was EC model. got 221g white. click on my username to my post regarding my visa experience.

Thanks. I see that. May i know why you don't have contract letter/PO .Your employer did not gave you the contract? Can you also tell me what are the other docs i need to carry relating to this. Thanks again.

Thanks, understood you picked it up at wednesday 3pm, but when was the website updated with waybill number?

Just trying to figure out if I should book hotel for one more day or not...

Waybill number was available Tuesday 530 if you are lucky you can get passport Tuesday before 6 or early Wednesday in my case passport was available for pick up only at 3 Wednesday don't ask me why it's up to dhl and their transit system.

Waybill number was available Tuesday 530 if you are lucky you can get passport Tuesday before 6 or early Wednesday in my case passport was available for pick up only at 3 Wednesday don't ask me why it's up to dhl and their transit system.

Thanks Sam, I already picked up pp this am....got home by noon....Thanks once again...

HI Guys,

I'm about to leave to get Canada TRV

Can anyone please tell me asap,do I need to provide address in Canada for Canada tourist visa??For now I have US embassy address in 5257 form, is this correct??

should we specify as we are visiting for visa stamping??

What should be the purpose of visit??

Hi sam, i also came for stamping same day and i got approved but they said they are waiting for PIMS to be updated . i got email on wednesday ( nov 9) saying that my visa process is completed and i will receive my passport in next 72 hours. its 8 business days from that email till now. i am keep calling them but they are not giving e few me any info so far. its 13 day in ottawa . its so horrible for me. i have few questions:

did u get email about the passport pickup? when did u get it or did u see it on ur visa login page?

did u pick visa at consulate or at dhl?

Idont know what to do sam ..my hotel bill itself is crossed $1000 so far.

plz reply

thank you

Srinu

Hi sam, i also came for stamping same day and i got approved but they said they are waiting for PIMS to be updated . i got email on wednesday ( nov 9) saying that my visa process is completed and i will receive my passport in next 72 hours. its 8 business days from that email till now. i am keep calling them but they are not giving e few me any info so far. its 13 day in ottawa . its so horrible for me. i have few questions:

did u get email about the passport pickup? when did u get it or did u see it on ur visa login page?

plz reply

thank you

Srinu

did your employer or lawyer send a copy of you approved I-129 petition which is I-797 to PIMS when it was approved....?

or did they as part of I-129 application request USCIS to send a copy of approval to PIMS....?

plz reply

thank you

Srinu

@srinu Can you please tell us what are the questions they asked you? and also which model is your case ..EC,EVC or FT?

@ SAM ,

Can you please post the list of documents you have carried out for an Interview ?

Thanks ,

Vidhya

Only for FT guys

Full H1B application packet

Pay stubs - 6 months

W2 3 years

Employment letter

Tax returns 3 years

Performance review.

FYI no documents asked, only doc asked I-797

plz reply

thank you

Srinu

Sorry to hear that. Regarding PIMS I would get in touch with your lawyer.

Regarding PP, check your email. You will get email first. Website will get updated later. Also Call DHL they may have some info.

HI Guys,

Can anyone please tell me asap,do I need to provide address in Canada for Canada tourist visa??For now I have US embassy address in 5257 form, is this correct??

US embassy address

Yes

Yes

Visa stamping.

HI Guys,

Yes provide the address of US Embassy in Canada. Yes you can mention purpose of visit as for US Visa Stamping. I went to canada for Visa Stamping and it was very easy to get TRV visa.

Archived