H1B I129 Petition Expired after Approval

aspirer

Hi Seniors,

I have applied for a H1B in 2008 and the I129 petition got approved. I had to wait for a long time to attend the Visa Interview and attended it in the month of June in 2010. I got a 221G Yellow at Hyderabad Consulate and further it had to be processed in Administrative Processing. Now, my case got approved in Administrative Processing in October 2011 but my Petition expired in September 2011. Please let me know the further steps/processes.

Thank you,

Aspirer

Hi Pranavi,

Thank you for the wishes. My I129 Petition got expired in Sept 2011 while the case was in Administrative processing. Now, I have received a mail and a scanned copy of the approval notice (after adm' processing) from my employer.

On the Approval notice, It is written as:

""This, is to advise you that we have reaffirmed our previous decision on the above application or petition .which the

Department of State had previously returned for review. We have forwarded the case back to the Department of State for

action.""

From the above, I assume that, as what you said, I would have to ask my employer to renew my I129 petition and submit new petition and passport to the consulate. Please let me know if this is correct.

Thank you again.

• 2 years later...

Archived