221g @ Ottawa Canada

sr.ottawa

@INRUSD, Luckily I have friend who lives near by, I am staying temporarily with him. However, I am thinking to fly down to India by the end of next week if nothing comes up. This is insane.

How can the Embassy not update applicants who are stuck here for almost 2-4 weeks, this is unfair. Time taken for interview - 20 seconds, waiting time to hear back - 2 to 4 weeks. Not done.

Frustrated man.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

I got mail from embassy to return to embassy. Below is the mail content. Please let me know if anyone got mail or face the same situation.

appreciate your help.

In order to continue processing your US visa application, we need you to return to the Embassy Monday to Thursday between 2:00-3:00pm (except on US and Canadian holidays).

Please print this e-mail and present it to the guards in order to be admitted into the building.

Thank you

Ottawa FPU

US Embassy Ottawa

@CaniSinkow, what time was his interview? And what time was yours? I had at 10AM, still waiting. But this looks positive. Thanks for the update.

@ravi80_visa, On what date & slot you got interviewed? I have read on other forums, they might interview you again or ask for additional documents, be prepared.

Congrats Praveen.

Did your client/employer receive any call from consulate office? Or did you send them any emails after you got your 221g? Mine is the same case EC model with 221g white. I have been waiting since Nov 14th.

@navving Did you get any update? Did your client or manager contacted?

Hi All,

I got mail from embassy to return to embassy. Below is the mail content. Please let me know if anyone got mail or face the same situation.

appreciate your help.

In order to continue processing your US visa application, we need you to return to the Embassy Monday to Thursday between 2:00-3:00pm (except on US and Canadian holidays).

Please print this e-mail and present it to the guards in order to be admitted into the building.

Thank you

Ottawa FPU

US Embassy Ottawa

When are you planning to attend... Please let us know your experiance... All the Best.

Hi All,

appreciate your help.

Thank you

Ottawa FPU

US Embassy Ottawa

Ravi,

I got the exact same email. However, I travelled to home country as I had to attend an emergency. I got multiple entry visa to canada and I am planning to visit again. Can you please share your experience. Also please reply with your contact number to my email so that I can get in touch with you.

Today morning I received a mail from US Embassy.

My application is processed and I can collect passports with in a day or two.

@CT221G: Can please let us know the following details - Visa Interview Dt | Client Phonecall Dt | Client Questionnaire Dt | Consulate Response Dt | MS? | Model | 221g form color

Interview Date: Nov 14th

Client Phone Call: Nov 28th

(Client is on vacation until 27th, Not sure wethere they tried to contact or not before 28th, No voice messages left for client)

Client Questionaire Date: Nov 28th (Client replied same day)

Consulate Response Date: Dec 5th (Passport collected Dec 6th)

Model: EC

221G form color: White

Today morning I collected my Passport and traveled back to US.

All the best for all others.

• 2 weeks later...
hi, My wife has been in ottawa for 7 weeks now waiting for her H1 stamping (F1-H1). She got the 221g Blue on 31st Oct. I'm wondering if anyone has gone thro' a similar wait period? Please let us know if you know anyone who has been waiting for 7 weeks or longer in Canada. Thanks Ar

@stuckinottawaOct31: I have been waiting for 6 weeks, I attended interview on Nov. 8th, got 221g white. in Ottawa. My mgr responded to consulate with answers and waiting for the response.

Hoping for the best..all the best for her too.

Hi all,

My wife received an email from the consulate this morning at 11.35am saying her admin processing was complete and she can pick up the visa/passport from DHL within 72 hours.

(she had applied for H1 (F1-H1) on 31st October 2011 and its basically taken 8 weeks ( or about 35 business days). We will be driving back to NJ tomorrow or latest friday depending on when she gets the passport.

Good luck to all.

Hi all,

My wife received an email from the consulate this morning at 11.35am saying her admin processing was complete and she can pick up the visa/passport from DHL within 72 hours.

(she had applied for H1 (F1-H1) on 31st October 2011 and its basically taken 8 weeks ( or about 35 business days). We will be driving back to NJ tomorrow or latest friday depending on when she gets the passport.

Good luck to all.

Congratulations both of you !! I know, how u have felt 8 weeks of time, for me also It has been a 7th week, hoping for the best.

it might be a X-mas and new year gift....:) have a nice time.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived