221g @ Ottawa Canada

sr.ottawa

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went for Visa Interview today - Nov 14, 2011. The VO took the client letter, vendor letter, PO, Pay Stubs and gave me 221g - Further Review. He said they will contact me in few days. Not sure is any body is in the same situation and how long this would take.

I attended on Nov.8th, didn't have client letter got 221g white, didn't get any update yet. I think in your case you have all letters, so it would a week to 10 days.

Just give a heads up to ur vendor, employer and client with your details.

All the best.

Both my wife and I got 221g Blue forms in Ottawa on 31st Oct 2011. She's applying for first time H1 (changing from F1) and I'm here to renew my F1(i've been in a PhD program for 5 years now). We both are in the biosciences field. The VO was the same for us on 31st. He didn't ask us much, we didn't have to provide him anything additionally. He even said in both our cases that the visa will be granted but required further processing. Its 14th Nov now and we've not heard from the consulate as yet. I know there are others stuck for similar periods or longer. Its clearly case by case. Nothing much can be done but wait.

I went for Visa Interview today - Nov 14, 2011. The VO took the client letter, vendor letter, PO, Pay Stubs and gave me 221g - Further Review. He said they will contact me in few days. Not sure is any body is in the same situation and how long this would take.

I got 221g white as well.

VO was Chinese american. He asked me all the basic questions.

VO: Hello how are u?

Me: Am good how are you?

VO: Are you a programmer analyst?

Me: Yes I am

VO: who is ur client?

Me: xxx

VO: who is ur employer?

Me: abc

VO: who is ur vendor?

Me: There is no vendor. I work for our direct client.

VO: give me all the letters u have.

Me: gave him Employer letter to consulate, Employment verification letter and client letter.

VO: DO you have contract?

Me: (I didn't understand that) so asked what exactly that means?

VO: Contract between ur company and ur client

Me: I do not have it right now.

VO: picked 221g white and showed me the email address on the form and said, do not send any email to this id until you recieve one from it.

Me: Ok, do you want me to ask my employer to send you the Contract? (i still dont know if he was looking for Purchase Order)

VO: Not required, please wait for the email from ur. which will take few days....

Now my fingers crossed. He kept my PP, I797.

Are there any people who got 221g white and received an email/call from Consulate? I appreciate if you can respond back.

Me: gave him Employer letter to consulate, Employment verification letter and client letter.

VO: picked 221g white and showed me the email address on the form and said, do not send any email to this id until you recieve one from it.

Me: Ok, do you want me to ask my employer to send you the Contract? (i still dont know if he was looking for Purchase Order)

VO: Not required, please wait for the email from ur. which will take few days....

Are there any people who got 221g white and received an email/call from Consulate? I appreciate if you can respond back.

I got 221g white on Nov 8th and still waiting to get email from consulate. I didn't have client letter and he kept my PP, 797, W2s, Paystubs and all POs and said 'll get back to me.

Keep update your situation. thx.

Hi Guys,

I went for the stamping yesterday (Nov 14). The VO (******) asked questions related to employer/vendor/client. Then asked for all relevant contracts and documents. I submitted them. Then he handed me 221g white form . They kept my pp,i797,paystubs, all letters.

Not sure how long this will take. Any idea how all the documents are returned. Is everything returned via DHL ?

Please share your experiences if you hear from them

Hi Guys,

I went for the stamping yesterday (Nov 14). The VO (******) asked questions related to employer/vendor/client. Then asked for all relevant contracts and documents. I submitted them. Then he handed me 221g white form . They kept my pp,i797,paystubs, all letters.

Not sure how long this will take. Any idea how all the documents are returned. Is everything returned via DHL ?

Please share your experiences if you hear from them

All the documents will be returned via DHL if a visa is approved.

If you want just your passport back before they approve your visa, you can go to consulate and take your passport back.

If you want all documents back before they approve your visa, you need to withdraw your case.

Archived