Spouse had received date listed as priority date I-485 receipt notice

Hello all,

We filed for AoS couple of weeks ago and received the receipt notices. Everything looked fine except for the priority date column on my spouse I-485 application. We added her to my case during our I-485 filing. Her priority date was listed as the application received date. I expected it to match to my PD date.

My(primary applicant) priority date column on my reciept looked fine. Is that normal or do we need to correct that on my spouse?

Thank you

The I-485 applicant should call the USCIS National Customer Service Center 1-800 number to report the error with the date listed for priority date. The applicant should ask for the correct priority date to be updated in the system and for confirmation of such. It may require an email be sent to the USCIS Service Center handling the I-485. The email should include proof of the priority date (i.e. the I-140 approval notice).

• 3 weeks later...

Thank your for your prompt response. I will check with USCIS but I verified with my attorney and few other people who had a similar issue that its a normal practice these days for the spouse priority date to be listed as received date. However when they adjudicate the case, they go by the date on the I-140 approval and do it.

Archived