221G Pink Chennai Tracker

ashiktmz

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2nd time 221g for my H1b and 3rd time 221g for my wife H4 stamping in last 4 years

Backgroud

• Lived 9+ years in US from 2003 to 2012
  • Did my MS in US
  • Been in h1b for last 6+ years
  • Have a 2 years old daughter who was born in US
  • Worked in AT&T, Microsoft, NetApp...
  • Went for 4 stampings so far
  • My wife's first h4 stamping in 2007 took 6 months to get cleared and went to interview twice
  • my 3rd stamping took 48 days
  • my 4th stamping is 60+ days and my wifes's 3rd H4 100+ days

I dont think the system have become better. At least for me :(

Not sure I can call myself unlucky and/or victim for Adminstrative Processing.

BTW- YES, I am a muslim and have most COMMON MULSIM NAME in the world

Hi,

Inching towards ten months and still no +ve sign.Due to this, my professional life is in danger.Mentally disturbed a lot.

we need to be very patient during this torrid time. keep praying. Its a pity if they are unable to process even after a year. if we look at the pdf file posted on the chennai consulate website, we can see that around a year mark there is a drastic decrease in pending cases. So there is hope.....

Its more then 11 months for me bro... think about that... remember there are people in worse condition then us....

sometimes I feel like throwing my laptop away when i check my status, i guess that is not the solution, they are really playing with us .....so show them ur attitude if they are not going to give visa give them a middle finger and go to gulf countries we have better opportunities there as well ....

Hi,

Inching towards ten months and still no +ve sign.Due to this, my professional life is in danger.Mentally disturbed a lot.

Its more then 11 months for me bro... think about that... remember there are people in worse condition then us....

sometimes I feel like throwing my laptop away when i check my status, i guess that is not the solution, they are really playing with us .....so show them ur attitude if they are not going to give visa give them a middle finger and go to gulf countries we have better opportunities there as well ....

I totally agree with Nahid here. If we are good in one country then we must be good in any other place as well. I am taking training in the field of my liking and trying to become a better resource to the companies. There is no point in just waiting for it to happen. This might actually make us more strong and more skilled....

I am completing 1 year in 2 weeks mark....

I did not know about this, will try to speak about this with my employer and lets see what the out come will be

Mine is still pending....about to complete 9 months soon...does anybody who is waiting around 1 year considering writ of mandamus. If so please let me know the procedure ...Please read this post : http://www.murthy.com/2012/11/23/murthy-success-story-mandamus-against-dos-results-in-visa-issuance/

H1B pending 221g pink slip as of 21 December

Applied for H4 ,again got 221g pink slip , VO asked to check the previous case for status update and took the passport.

VO at counter 31 mentioned its the same process and to avoid duplication didn't gave a new case no.

Pink slip given at H4 interview was taken back at counter 31.

@jjg, how was ur interview? what did they ask? I am also planning to go on H4 need some more information,

1. When did u went for ur H1 B?

2.when U say they gave the same case number remains same, did u ask them will it ba fresh processing or they are going to continue prvious one and issue you a H4

3. Do you have a common muslim name ?

4. Did you get to know what type or on what made them give u 221g, is it ur background check, employer verfication, or TAL check etc.

H1B pending 221g pink slip as of 21 December

Applied for H4 ,again got 221g pink slip , VO asked to check the previous case for status update and took the passport.

VO at counter 31 mentioned its the same process and to avoid duplication didn't gave a new case no.

Pink slip given at H4 interview was taken back at counter 31.

@jjg, how was ur interview? what did they ask? I am also planning to go on H4 need some more information,

-Chennia

2.when U say they gave the same case number remains same, did u ask them will it ba fresh processing or they are going to continue prvious one and issue you a H4

-Continue existing processing and if its approved I will get H1 visa not H4

-No,but vey common 3 christian names.

4. Did you get to know what type or on what made them give u 221g, is it ur background check, employer verfication, or TAL check etc.

-No ,they didn't gave any details.Since they mentioned the same processes,might not be related to employer also they took only my passport after H1 interveiw,no other docs.

-7th Feb ,normal questions for h4-spouse employer and location,latest salary slip and 2012 W2,marriage date and spouse DOB,then gave pink slip

-They will continue existing processing and once approved will get H1 visa(confirmed this at counter 31)

-No ,but 3 common christian names.

-No,they didn't gave any details.Since they mentioned the same process,might not be related to employer.

Also for H1 interview on 21 Dec,they didn't asked for any docs at counter 31.They just took my passport in both interviews.

I requested my passport back by sending an email and got the passport next day(31 Jan).

Me too waiting for close to 14 months now. had been thru admin process in 2008 (10 months)

Details:

Visa interview: Dec 2011

Common muslim name: Yes

Visa type: H1B for a direct employer

Did anyone have success with Mandamus option mentioned earlier? How shud I get started with this?

OMG....Faraz till now i was thinking that i am the next in line as mine is close to year but you overtook my position....

need to talk to you, can we talk over the email, my email id is azimeiu@gmail.com

Me too waiting for close to 14 months now. had been thru admin process in 2008 (10 months) Details: Visa interview: Dec 2011 Common muslim name: Yes Visa type: H1B for a direct employer Did anyone have success with Mandamus option mentioned earlier? How shud I get started with this?

@Got221g, have u recieved anything from the consulate about your visa?

2nd time 221g for my H1b and 3rd time 221g for my wife H4 stamping in last 4 years Backgroud
  • Lived 9+ years in US from 2003 to 2012
  • Did my MS in US
  • Been in h1b for last 6+ years
  • Have a 2 years old daughter who was born in US
  • Worked in AT&T, Microsoft, NetApp...
  • Went for 4 stampings so far
  • My wife's first h4 stamping in 2007 took 6 months to get cleared and went to interview twice
  • my 3rd stamping took 48 days
  • my 4th stamping is 60+ days and my wifes's 3rd H4 100+ days

I dont think the system have become better. At least for me :( Not sure I can call myself unlucky and/or victim for Adminstrative Processing. BTW- YES, I am a muslim and have most COMMON MULSIM NAME in the world

Archived