ashiktmz

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received 221G Pink Slip.

Please find my details below.

Interview Date: Dec 13 2011

Common Muslim Name: NO

Documents asked: Was asked to show pay slips by consulate officer during the interview.

Have given my passport and 797 approval document at counter 31.

About employer/employment: Into Spatial technology (geospatial software etc for public safety market....). Regular full time employee/not consultant.

Interview: Was asked the few standard 5-6 questions (company name, title, what company does etc). End of the interview, "I was told, everything looks fine. There is one additional step.......". And given the pink slip. I thought the visa was approved till I saw what was in the pink slip.

Other Details: I-140 approved. On H1B Extension.

Status as of now: No update till date (has been 9 days since interview).

######################################

Given that we have already gone through an approval process for the 797A while in the US, It is ridiculous that background checks are being done when we appear for the interview and indefinitely delaying our return and work schedules.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Got my passport with visa stamping today!

Interview date: Dec 13

Received passport/visa: Dec 30 (picked up at VFS)

Pink Slip, No Docs asked.

Was quite a miracle. I was scheduled to fly back on sunday and was about to call airlines and reschedule to a later date (which would have delayed me by 10 days) but got an email at the last minute today at 415 pm. And made it to VFS at 455 pm in the rain:) (they close at 5 pm!)

Good luck to rest of the folks. I hope everyone gets it soon. The wait is quite painful (and mainly undeserving).

Received my passport today with VISA stamping

Good luck to everyone !!!! Thanks to everyone who supported and guided me !!!

All - Please be confident and pray to god and surely everyone will get !!!

Visa interview : 14th Dec - Given pink slip (no docs submitted)

Visa stamped : 27th dec

Visa Interview Date : Nov 4th, 2011

Docs Asked during interview: payslip, approval notice, LCA

Docs submitted: none

Common Muslim Name: Yes

After the interview, VO said you qualified for the visa but it requires additional administrative processing and handed over the 221G pink slip. One of my other friend who had common muslim name also got pink slip for additional administrative processing.

Still waiting for the passport.

Visa interview Date : 10th Nov 2011

Comman Muslim Name : Yes

Passport Kept: Yes

Still Waiting for Passport

Visa Interview Date: 05 Jan 2012

Consulate: Chennai

Visa Type: H1B (First - CAP Exempt; Academic)

Outcome: 221(g) pink slip for further administrative processing. Not surprised as I have a PhD in Bioengineering from USA, and work as a professor in bio-related research currently. The VO mentioned it was mandatory processing since my area of work is on the TAL. I had to undergo the same for my F1 visa renewal

Post-Interview Information: Jan 11, 2012 received email that passport was being sent.

Will send you an update if visa was issued.

• 3 weeks later...

Visa interview date: Feb 01, 2012

Type of Visa: H1B (second stamping)

Direct employee

working at client site (US Federal Govt at DC)

Highest education - MS in MIS from Chicago

I have come to India to perform my father's last rites whose demise was sudden and unexpected. I made an emergency apptt at the chennai post. the VO asked me a few routine questions, and like everyone else, he said "Your visa is eligible to be approved, but there is an administrative processing from our side". He then directed me to counter 31. An Indian gentleman asked me the following questions:

1) When did you join your current company?

2) What are the other companies you have worked in the USA?

3) Have you ever been to any other Country?

4) Did you work in India? What company did you work for before leaving

to the USA?

5) Do you have any brothers/sisters?

He then handed me this pink slip and said it will take 8 to 10 weeks. I was shocked. I am set to travel back on 9th Feb. I have left behind my wife and little daughter. I told him I have come on bereavement. No exceptions, he said.

I am expecting my priority date to get current in the next few days too. I am real frustrated and disappointed in the system. Not only am I incurring a loss on the return flight and job, I might lose my one chance to file for EAS. Worse though, I might lose my job if I am away for so long.

And, irony of it, all this grief is self generated by the system. I did nothing wrong to deserve it. I dont know whether to grieve for my late father, or my current situation

Hi All,

My experience at Chennai consulate for H1

Interview : 23 Jan 2012

Model : EC

H1B : Second stamping

VO asked me couple of straightforward questions like

1) Which compnay

2) for how long

3) salary

4) MS from where

5) How many employees in the company

Then he started asking questions to my wife

1) date of birth of husband

2) name of father-in law

3) wedding album

Then VO said you are eligible for the visa and gave the pink slip an asked me to wait for another call.

After 10 mins I got the call from counter 31 and Indian lady asked me the following

1) Any country visited

2) Info on siblings for myself & wife

Then said Visa is approved but has to wait for 4-8 weeks and kept the passport and returned all originals like 797 etc.

I told Indian lady that first time when I went for H1 stamping it took 8 months to get the clearance an I showed her the visa in the passport with the clearance received. She said this time it will be faster..but God knows..

Visa interview date: Feb 01, 2012

Type of Visa: H1B (second stamping)

Direct employee

working at client site (US Federal Govt at DC)

Highest education - MS in MIS from Chicago

I have come to India to perform my father's last rites whose demise was sudden and unexpected. I made an emergency apptt at the chennai post. the VO asked me a few routine questions, and like everyone else, he said "Your visa is eligible to be approved, but there is an administrative processing from our side". He then directed me to counter 31. An Indian gentleman asked me the following questions:

1) When did you join your current company?

2) What are the other companies you have worked in the USA?

3) Have you ever been to any other Country?

4) Did you work in India? What company did you work for before leaving

to the USA?

5) Do you have any brothers/sisters?

He then handed me this pink slip and said it will take 8 to 10 weeks. I was shocked. I am set to travel back on 9th Feb. I have left behind my wife and little daughter. I told him I have come on bereavement. No exceptions, he said.

I am expecting my priority date to get current in the next few days too. I am real frustrated and disappointed in the system. Not only am I incurring a loss on the return flight and job, I might lose my one chance to file for EAS. Worse though, I might lose my job if I am away for so long.

And, irony of it, all this grief is self generated by the system. I did nothing wrong to deserve it. I dont know whether to grieve for my late father, or my current situation

**UPDATE**

Folks, I received my passport with the visa stamp today. It took 10 calendar days, and 6 business days for this to come through.

Visa Interview Date at Chennai : 01 February 2012

Passport Received; 10 February 2012

There is an annotation that security clearance given on 08 Feb 2012

Good luck to all those who are still waiting. Keep the faith, my fellow countrymen! It appears that the consulate is speeding up the adjudication process.

• 2 weeks later...

Visa Interview Date : Jan 27th, 2012.

Docs To Be Submitted: None.

Common Muslim Name: Yes.

The VO mentioned, twice, that there is nothing to worry and I will get my visa.

However, he also mentioned that my case would have to go through further administrative processing.

He handed me the Pink Slip, and asked me to wait to go to another counter.

After about 10 mins, my token was called at another counter.

At the second counter was an Indian VO (a lady). She asked me a few generic questions.

1. How long I've been with the current company?

2. Is it the first company I joined?

3. Which university did I attend for my Masters?

4. Which university did I attend for my Bachelors?

5. Do I have any other passport?

6. Have I travelled to any countries other than the US?

7. Do I have siblings?

8. What is my sisters' name?

9. What is her age?

10. Where does she live?

11. my bother's name?

12. Where do they live?

After this, the VO told me that I would receive my passport by courier within the next 4 to 8 weeks.

Almost a month now.....and still waiting.......

I have seen a lot of them have been issued the visa....7 of them above me and 6 below.....only mine is pending...Any opinions from the experts as to why this delay???

However, he also mentioned that my case would have to go through further administrative processing.

At the second counter was an Indian VO (a lady). She asked me a few generic questions.

7. Do I have siblings?

9. What is her age?

10. Where does she live?

11. my bother's name?

12. Where do they live?

After this, the VO told me that I would receive my passport by courier within the next 4 to 8 weeks.

I have seen a lot of them have been issued the visa....7 of them above me and 6 below.....only mine is pending...Any opinions from the experts as to why this delay???

I am also waiting since JAN 23 2012 and got the pink slip. I was asked the same questions as yours. No update yet.

7. Do I have siblings?

9. What is her age?

10. Where does she live?

11. my bother's name?

12. Where do they live?

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:04 AM

7. Do I have siblings?

9. What is her age?

10. Where does she live?

11. my bother's name?

12. Where do they live?

After this, the VO told me that I would receive my passport by courier within the next 4 to 8 weeks. same problem me too brother. ple any information write detail this site........

I am also waiting since JAN 23 2012 and got the pink slip. I was asked the same questions as yours. No update yet.

GCSeeker,

Did you make it through? I have been following this post ever since my ordeal (Just imagine, this came on the heels at an already existing agonizing situation for me - I lost my father, and came to India to perform the last rites).

There is absolutely nothing to do but wait. In my case, the 10 days were tortuous - full of grief and misery. But in the end, if you make an honest living, know that everything will work out in your favour.

God bless, and keep the faith.

• 2 weeks later...

GCSeeker,

Did you make it through? I have been following this post ever since my ordeal (Just imagine, this came on the heels at an already existing agonizing situation for me - I lost my father, and came to India to perform the last rites).

There is absolutely nothing to do but wait. In my case, the 10 days were tortuous - full of grief and misery. But in the end, if you make an honest living, know that everything will work out in your favour.

God bless, and keep the faith.

any update bros............

Visa Interview Date: Nov 9th, 2011

Docs Asked: None

Common Muslim Name: No

Mine is a new H1 after a 221g refusal in a EC model and now my client has processed my H1. I and my wife went for H1 and H4 stamping to the chennai consulate. After a few general questions, the lady VO said your visa is approved and i am waiting for a final approval and was looking at the system monitor for a few seconds. Then said we need to do some check and you don't have to worry as i don't see any issues. You just need to wait for a few weeks and you don't need to submit any documents. She handed us a small pink sheet with a case number on it and asked us to go to counter 31 where another lady asked me about any countries i visited apart from US, details about my first employment, details about any siblings and kept both our passports and the employment support letter which i got from my new petitioner. She then told it may take anywhere between 4-8 weeks, however the pink slip says it may take 8 - 12 weeks for processing. Any one had the similar case and got stamping after that? Please share your experiences about how long it took and what kind of checks they did.

I am stuck in the same situation. I was also asked to go the 31 counter, asked about siblings etc. I also got the small pink sheet. Can you share your experience on this case. It has been 20 days since the day of my interview. Please share your experience.

Hi All,

Please find my details below.

Interview Date : Dec 14 2011

Received 221G Pink Slip.

No Docs Asked

Mine is BEP and a big US Based IT Company

----------------------------------------------------------

VO Said: You are Qualified for the VISA and we would like to do additional admin Processing. Handed over the Passport at the Counter number 31[indian Lady asking for sibling details and travel outside india].

Waiting for VISA. I am going to loose a very good opportunity for which i was waiting for more than 2 years. Got really Disappointed.

Please Can someone tell me how much average time it will take to get my VISA stamped.

Thanks!

Hi can you update me on your status on the visa. I was also told the same thing. VO mentioned I was qualified for the visa but gave me a short pink slip. I work in the biotech field.

7. Do I have siblings?

9. What is her age?

10. Where does she live?

11. my bother's name?

12. Where do they live?

brother ple update you got visa.............

Hi Friends,

I appeared for h1b/h4 visa interview on 16th of march in chennai consulate along with my wife. I already had another h1b from another employer but never used.

I have been told as usual that I qualify for the visa but need additional processing and would take 8-10 weeksa and handed over the pink slip.

yesterday I got a call from chennai consulate asking for scanned copy of my approval notice which I sent promptly.My case belong to day 075 and its already as week. Any inputs friennd , what does it mean if they ask the ask the scanned copy of approval notice ???

I got another call from Chennai consulate that they had not received my mail.Asked me to send again to ChennaiNIV.gov. with case number name and PIM in the subject line. Looks like it is under PIMS processing. Keeping my fingers crossed. I will keep you guys updated. Any inputs ??

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to share my H1B visa experience. I got pink slip too. After routine interview questions and verifying the letters, VO took all Employers and Sibling Details and as usual said it will take up to 4-6 weeks and retained my passport.

Interview Date: 03/20/2012

Interview Post: Chennai

Model: EC

Common Muslim Name: Yes

Countries visited in past 5 years: Mexico

Retained Passport: Yes

20 days, and still showing "Pending Processing".

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Friends,

Yesterday I attended H1B VISA interview at Chennai US consulate and case has been suspended under section 221 (g) & they gave me Pink questionnaire and took my passport.

ME: Good Morning.

VO: Good morning. How are you doing?

Me: I am doing well, thanks….How about you?

Then I passed my passport and documents to VO.

VO: you are from which company?

Me: xxxx.

VO: where will you travel?

Me: xxxxxxx.

VO: what is client name?

Me: xxxxxxxxxx.

(When she was talking with me ……she was typing continuously something on his computer)(She didn’t ask any documents at the time of interview)

VO: Please can you spell the name of your client?

Me: This is xxxx. X X X X.

VO: what they do?

ME:I told about company business and product.

VO: what will you do there?

ME: Explained about my roles and responsibilities….

VO: I don’t know about technically…Please let me know what you will do.

ME: I told about my roles in simpler way.

(Then she gave me one pink slip and ask me to wait for next counter)…after half an hour I got my token number again on display with counter number…..I went there and an Indian woman took my passport & copy of petition papers and gave me pink questionnaire and asked me to send all of document & information via email (to ChennaiSAO@state.gov ) so that we will start administrative process and you will get you passport within 4-6 week with your VISA.( she insisted to send all of document & information soon via email then only they will start the administrative process for VISA stamping)

I have few questions

1. Why they suspended my VISA and what is chance to get my passport with stamping
  2. One more thing I am not able to see my case number in PDF file issued by Chennai US consulate…..what I need to do?
  3. Shall I send all of documents via email or ask my company to send all of documents to Chennai US consulate via email.

Little worry….:-(

Archived