November 21 H1 B Stamping - Toronto, Canada

jayvj

Hello everybody, I just want to share my successful H1 b visa stamping experience in Toronto. My appointment was scheduled for December 5th, 10.45 A.M. at the consulate office in Toronto. I was there an hour before my interview appointment time, waiting across the consulate office. Around 10.45 A.M. I was checked in by the consulate staff who verified my appointment letter, passport and DS 160 confirmation print out letter. Then I went through all the security formalities. Please make sure NOT to bring your cell phone, electronic car key (in fact, its better not to bring any keys) and any other electronic gadgets. Its unfortunate to see couple of Indians got stranded outside the consulate building during that day looking for a place to store their cell phone and electronic car keys. There is no storage facility available in and around the consulate office.

Once I entered in to the consulate building, yet another staff, grouped my I 797 original document with my passport and DS 160 print out in to a blue folder. Then I proceeded to next staff who again verified my name in their print out list and asked me to enter in to interview waiting room. As soon as I entered in to the waiting room, I was called upon by an officer in the first window. She took my blue folder, checked my DS160 in her database and gave me a ticket to wait for my interview call number. When my number was called in, I proceeded to another window, assuming it might be the interview officer. But it was another staff who wants to scan my fingerprints. After my finger prints scanned, I waited approximately for 5 minutes before my number was called in.

Just a little background about my employment - I am a full time employee and I am NOT in the IT field. I graduated with my Master's degree in U.S and I am working for the same employer for 6 years. This is my seventh year seeking for third term H1 b extension. I have an approved I -140.

Anyway, when my number was called in, the interview officer greeted me and asked me:

1) Who do you work for?

2) How many years you been working for the employer?

3) What's your educational background?

4) What qualifies you to be in this current position?

The officer took sometime to verify my old passport and she said my visa is approved and gave me an white instruction sheet on how to pickup your passport through DHL.

The whole process took about 30 minutes or less. I was out off the building by 11.15 (approx.). On December 7, around 10.00 P.M. I got an email from the consulate office about my passport sent to the DHL office. Next day morning (December 8, 10.00 A.M.) I went to the DHL office and showed my reference number, waybill number and driver's license and I picked up my passport. I am glad I did not wait for an email from the DHL office for pickup, as they were backlogged quite a bit in trying to respond back to their customers.

Thanks to murthy.com for providing an online platform to share and exchange visa info's. I wish you guys all the best.

Archived