Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

When to start GC, Masters to be completed april 2012

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Can someone please let me know when I can ask my employer to start my GC process? My employer says that there is no such thing as future employment now, that they need to show I am currently employed. I been working on H1 since October 2007 and I will finish my masters in April 2012. I worked for a different company for 2 years, and switched back to my original employer now. So can they start my PERM now atleast by January 2012?


Share this post

Link to post

A U.S. employer may start the employment-based Green Card process at any time. They are not limited by only filing while you are employed with them in H1B, however, some companies have their own policies on which employees they wish to sponsor and they are allowed to abide by it. Not all companies that hire H1B workers are obligated to sponsor the workers for Green Cards.

If you have specific questions in regard to your case, I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this