Is it worth filing a GC when I completed 4 years on H1-B

prasthak

Hello Future US Citizens,

I am about to complete my 4 years on H1-B and until now haven't initiated the GC processing (first step). My employer/consultant is not willing to file the GC for me. According to them, they have changed the company policy and they are not doing that now. Salary is good though and i am wokring on thier client since 3.5 years now and chances are it will continue for few more years.

Need a suggestion from you all. Shall I do an H1-B transfer to a small vendor and change the job and file the GC or i can wait 6 more months with the same consultant. The reason of staying 6 more months is because there are very good chances that my client hire me full time and they do the GC processing in next 1 year of joining. It is a very reputed and fortune 10 company in US.

Please help.

Hello Future US Citizens,

I am about to complete my 4 years on H1-B and until now haven't initiated the GC processing (first step). My employer/consultant is not willing to file the GC for me. According to them, they have changed the company policy and they are not doing that now. Salary is good though and i am wokring on thier client since 3.5 years now and chances are it will continue for few more years.

Need a suggestion from you all. Shall I do an H1-B transfer to a small vendor and change the job and file the GC or i can wait 6 more months with the same consultant. The reason of staying 6 more months is because there are very good chances that my client hire me full time and they do the GC processing in next 1 year of joining. It is a very reputed and fortune 10 company in US.

Please help.

Forget abt joining fortune 10 company and stuff now a days.... There is no gaurantee that they may file gc with in a year.Infact your employment with them itself is not gauranteed. Always safe to stay with a small decent employer. Your choices will be in ur hands then. Applying a GC after 1 yr from now means atleast you have to wait 4-5 yrs to get GC, but you will lose other benefits.

Archived