DS160 related questions - travel plans, contact person, previous experience, work address, etc.

sunshine_ca

Hi all,

I currently live in the US and have been working on H1B visa for past 3 years. I'll be getting my H1B extension stamped at the Mumbai Consulate and have a few questions about DS160. It would be great if you could help answer.

# Question-1:

DS160 : Have you made specific travel plans?

Me: Should I answer yes or no. If I answer yes, it asks a bunch of other questions like?

# Question-1a:

DS160 : Date/city/flight Of Arrival in the US . And date/city/flight of Departure?

Me : I know the date I arrive here but I’m not sure when I’ll be departing

# Question-1b:

DS160 : Provide the locations you plan to visit in the U.S.:?

Me : The city where I live or where I work?

#Question-2:

DS160 : Have you ever been issued a U.S. Visa?

My answer , Yes. I was issued H1B in 2008

DS160 : Are you applying for the same type of visa?

Me : I'm applying for an ‘extension’. I suppose my answer should be 'yes'. But just wanted to confirm.

#Question-3:

DS160 : Contact Person or Organization in the United States (The form says, 'Your U.S. Point of Contact can be any individual in the U.S. who knows you and can verify, if necessary, your identity. If you do not personally know anyone in the U.S., you may enter the name of the store, company, or organization you plan to visit during your trip.')

Me: Should I give my company's contact information or some relative's contact info?

#Question-4:

DS 160 : Present employer or school address

Me: Should this be what's on my I-797 (Compnay's corp. address) or where my office is actually located( where i go to work everyday)? They are different addresses.

#Question-5:

DS 160: Where Do You Intend to Work?

Me: I have the same question as above. Should this be the actual location where i go to work everyday or what my company has specified on I-797?

#Question-6:

For the question where the applicant is asked to enter previous work experience, should I list my internship experience? I was on an F1 visa and paid hourly. Unfortunately, I don't remember the address and the contact number.

Thanks!

Hi, by no means am I an expert. But I also had similar questions and asked my immigration attorney for some guidance. Please don't consider these words of God, but just a guideline to help you.

# Question-1:

DS160 : Have you made specific travel plans? -

Me: Should I answer yes or no. If I answer yes, it asks a bunch of other questions like? I answered YES

# Question-1a:

DS160 : Date/city/flight Of Arrival in the US . And date/city/flight of Departure?

Me : I know the date I arrive here but I’m not sure when I’ll be departing - Arrival I put when I return back to US. Departure I put last day of my H1B

# Question-1b:

DS160 : Provide the locations you plan to visit in the U.S.:? -

Me : The city where I live or where I work? - I live and work in the same city, I'd suggest maybe put both?

#Question-2:

DS160 : Have you ever been issued a U.S. Visa?

My answer , Yes. I was issued H1B in 2008 - Yes

DS160 : Are you applying for the same type of visa?

Me : I'm applying for an ‘extension’. I suppose my answer should be 'yes'. But just wanted to confirm.- Correct

#Question-3:

DS160 : Contact Person or Organization in the United States (The form says, 'Your U.S. Point of Contact can be any individual in the U.S. who knows you and can verify, if necessary, your identity. If you do not personally know anyone in the U.S., you may enter the name of the store, company, or organization you plan to visit during your trip.')

Me: Should I give my company's contact information or some relative's contact info? - I put my direct supervisors info

#Question-4:

DS 160 : Present employer or school address

Me: Should this be what's on my I-797 (Compnay's corp. address) or where my office is actually located( where i go to work everyday)? They are different addresses. - Same with me. I put actual work location, not HQ

#Question-5:

DS 160: Where Do You Intend to Work?

Me: I have the same question as above. Should this be the actual location where i go to work everyday or what my company has specified on I-797? - Actual work location.

#Question-6:

For the question where the applicant is asked to enter previous work experience, should I list my internship experience? I was on an F1 visa and paid hourly. Unfortunately, I don't remember the address and the contact number. - I actually have worked for this company for 6 years in different positon. So i put only those. Not sure about your case. Sorry.

I hope this is helpful. Once again, you might want to also ask your lawyer.

Thanks!

Archived