H1B 7th Year Extension in E-V-V-C Model

tsang

Hi,

I need urgent help. I am on my 6th Year of H1B. My visa expires in Apr2012. I am working with a small consulting company and i got my I140 approved early this year from this company.

I am getting ready to apply for H1B 7th Year ext based on my approved I140. However,i am getting a new contract in E-V-V-C model. Its going to be 1 year contract. I am not sure if i will get my extension. My question are:

1) My new contact is E-V (Preferred Vendor)-V(Big Implementation Partner)- C. Are implementation partners considered as layers? My employer will enter into a contact with a preferred vendor of this implementation partner for an end client work. I have been interviewed by the implementation partner and they are hiring me (not the end client).

2) In my situation will i need client letter from end client as well?

3) In the above situation what i the possibility of extension? Or will i possibly get an REF to prove employer employee relationship?

Thanks

If you have time then it is preferred to have with E-C model in the ideal world. But it never happens. I was in worse situation than you with E-V-V-V-C model.So i have done the following steps and i got it approved without RFE.

1- End client letter is a must (With letter pad signature of your manager is best option but i did not get from client letter on letter pad too.So i have signed my client letter in an MS Word document).

2. Most Important aspect is that in client letter client should explicitly specify that you are an employee of your employer...This is a trump card for visa approval in layer model.

3- Provided SOW for E-V only.

4- Rest of the regular documents as usual.

I hope it will help you.

Archived