Mumbai - Visa Dates Availibility

wizkid

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

30 Nov and 5,7,8 December are available for Mumbai throughout today, but only for visa renewal category.

For regular category, I saw only Dec 5 available for a short time yesterday midnight (around 3 AM EST on 24 Nov), but it was gone in the morning. Looks like they are opening it one day at a time for regular category. Pretty frustrating!

@gpangu - Only Dec 5th was open for an hour or so. I have been checking dates at late night for last 2 days but no luck, Mumbai is disappeared again. I am not sure when and how they decide which dates to open and since it is morning / afternoon in India, they are taken very quickly ! It is such a pain to wake up at 2:00 AM in the morning just to check dates.

@gpangu - Only Dec 5th was open for an hour or so. I have been checking dates at late night for last 2 days but no luck, Mumbai is disappeared again. I am not sure when and how they decide which dates to open and since it is morning / afternoon in India, they are taken very quickly ! It is such a pain to wake up at 2:00 AM in the morning just to check dates.

do you look at earliest available appt or go to book the appointment?

I see mumbai 1st wk of december through earliest available appt

If you are returning worker on H1B, why don't you guys use emergency appointment module on VFS website. If you request emergency appointment with 1 week of time, you should be fine.

Also Mumbai Consulate dates don't open up until 10.00am India Time from my "date shopping" experience for last 2 weeks. Also Mumbai dates only open up max 4 days at a time unlike other consulates which have many days open. Sometimes slots are open 3 days before intereview date so to give time submitting documents. I went to new consulate on 4th business day it opened and they are slowing coming upto speed. You should definitely see more slots open up on a particular day in future as new consulate is huge and has huge churnout every hour of the day.

Archived