Mumbai - Visa Dates Availibility

wizkid

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

has anybody thought about appearing at Delhi rather than Mumbai. My address is in Gujarat, so it falls under Mumbai, but for H1B we can go to any of 5 consulate. I was confused about their doc submission whether A'bad VFS center will accept doc for Delhi or not, but Delhi consulate doesn't require doc submission at all. we can just take with us at time of interview.

Anyone has more information about Delhi consulate? How their process is , is it hard to get approval compared to Mumbai etc..

Thanks!

Friends,

Do you see Mumbai listed under Earliest Available Date?

I dont even see Mumbai listed.

Please advise.

Thanks

even I do not see mumbai.

chennai and new delhi are showing up though. kolkata does not show up as well.

Has VFS recently changed its policy regarding visa appointment scheduling? The website states that they do not allow scheduling more than a month in advance.

A question - my first H1B visa expired in Sep 2010, currently I have renewed I-797 and I am going to India this Dec, what should I select for the question - "Are you applying for the same visa category which is currently valid or has expired in less than one year? I have I-797 and my last H1B expired a year ago. The reason why I am asking this question is, when I select "Yes" I could see dates for Mumbai consulate, but when I select "No" I can not see Mumbai consulate.

A question - my first H1B visa expired in Sep 2010, currently I have renewed I-797 and I am going to India this Dec, what should I select for the question - "Are you applying for the same visa category which is currently valid or has expired in less than one year? I have I-797 and my last H1B expired a year ago. The reason why I am asking this question is, when I select "Yes" I could see dates for Mumbai consulate, but when I select "No" I can not see Mumbai consulate.

in same boat. i emailed same questions to vfs, lets see.

I have the same question as Rahul. The H1B visa stamp in my passport is expired on December 2009-but I have always been on H1B visa after that (valid I-797 throughout). Actually have been on H1B for past 6 years or so (just the stamp is expired 2 years ago)

What should I select for this question: "Are you applying for the same visa category which is currently valid or has expired in less than one year?"- If YES, looks like Mumbai dates are available...if NO, no Mumbai!!

Any luck guys? Did you hear back from VFS? I sent them an e-mail and got following reply-not much help. In the meanwhile I am not able to see any appointments for Mumbai under regular category.

Kindly note in case an applicant is applying for the visa class which is the same as the previous one and is still valid or has expired less than 12 months from the scheduled date of interview, then he / she can schedule the appointment under visa renewal category by selecting “Yes” to the question ‘Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?’

Further, in case the applicant is applying for the visa class which is the same as the previous one and is expired more than 12 months from the scheduled date of interview, then he / she can schedule the appointment under the regular category by selecting“NO” to the question ‘Are you applying for the same class of visa which is currently valid or has expired within the past 12 months?’

@gpangu - Same here, I got the same response back. Seems like in my situation, I need to select "No" and keep looking for Mumbai visa dates in regular category. I have been checking dates throughout the last weekend and unable to find any single Mumbai date! I can see couple to dates open if I select "Yes".

All - What should be the best time to look for dates? And if I go to India without selecting any date and will stop by at VFS, will they be of any help?

Archived