Mumbai - Visa Dates Availibility

wizkid

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, What options do we have if we don't see any dates? I am going to India end from Nov 20th to Dec 10th. I don't see any dates available anywhere (not just Mumbai) I'd prefer mumbai, but considering the situation am wondering where should I travel to. Please help, I am new at this.

this piece of information might help those looking for interview dates:

“American Consulate General Mumbai Moves to Bandra Kurla Complex”

Appointments for visa and U.S. citizen services at U.S. Consulate General Mumbai will be suspended

November 15-November 18 while the consulate relocates to a new facility. The Consular Section will

re-open to the public on Monday, November 21, 2011 in its new building located at C-49, G-Block,

Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East), Mumbai 400051.

Please note that during this time, as always, you are free to schedule a visa appointment at a U.S.

consular section in New Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad or Kolkata

More information at vfs site: http://www.vfs-usa.co.in/USIndia/pdf/VFSMoveMessagetoApplicants_2.pdf

Guys,

Mumbai consulate is moving to a new location. Not sure if they show dates for the new location or not. I was following the Mumbai schedule for the last month and a half. Their pattern was that they opened one day at a time about 7-8 calendar days (not business days) in advance at the 78 Bhulabhai Desai Road location. I took my apointment for Nov. 8th on Nov. 3rd.

Few News about Mumbai Consulate,

“American Consulate General Mumbai Moves to Bandra Kurla Complex”

Appointments for visa and U.S. citizen services at U.S. Consulate General Mumbai will be suspended November 15-November 18 while the consulate relocates to a new facility. The Consular Section will re-open to the public on Monday, November 21, 2011 in its new building located at C-49, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East), Mumbai 400051.

Please note that during this time, as always, you are free to schedule a visa appointment at a U.S. consular section in New Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad or Kolkata.

https://www.vfs-usa.co.in/USIndia/pdf/VFSMoveMessagetoApplicants_2.pdf

It is a complete mystery as to why Nov. 21 onward dates are not opening up in Mumbai....I have been checking for the dates for the past week and a half, but in vain....The consulate is closed from Nov. 15 to Nov. 18, as it is relocating to the new location (BKC)....most people are taking appointments in other consulates such as Delhi, Hyderbad and Chennai.....Let's hope some

On VFS website, in document checklist for Mumba cosulate, there is nothing mentioned about submitting one of the copies of the HDFC receipt to VFS center three working days in advance of your appt. It mentioned to carry during interview time. If anyone submitted documents to VFS, did they ask for the HDFC receipt?

Archived