filing new H1B while current H1B in Adminstrative Processing

pranavi2008

Hi friends

I need some suggetions,

I have attended for H1B visa interview on Aug 26th got greenslip, now my case is under admin process.

i am planning to file new H1b with another employer with new client, actually my wife and baby had valid visa on old employer.

can any one please suggest can i attend to Visa interview with new h1 with family while old in admin process.

please suggest me to go for new h1

Yes, u can go for a new H1B while ur previous visa application is pending admin processing. When u appear for a visa interview based on ur new H1B petition, just take a letter with u stating that u would like to withdraw the pending visa application. U do not even need to state this unless VO asks about ur pending application.

In most cases, VOs are aware that u have a pending visa application with them. I have seen cases where the VO asks about the pending application and i have also seen cases (including myself) where the VO didn'e ask anything about it.

Yes, u can go for a new H1B while ur previous visa application is pending admin processing. When u appear for a visa interview based on ur new H1B petition, just take a letter with u stating that u would like to withdraw the pending visa application. U do not even need to state this unless VO asks about ur pending application.

In most cases, VOs are aware that u have a pending visa application with them. I have seen cases where the VO asks about the pending application and i have also seen cases (including myself) where the VO didn'e ask anything about it.

@gcgc can you elaborate more on your second visa experience or give a link to where you posted your interview experience?

Thanks

gcsgc,

I am also in the similar situation. Where did you go second time for the visa interview?

I have my old one still pending since 5 months , in chennai, and i Have scheduled new one in Hyd on Nov 22nd.

When i emailed to chennai, for withdrawing petition, they asked me to come in person on this thursday,17th at 2.00PM. Please let me know if this is mandatory....

Please suggest

H1 b stamping is pending with Hyd consulate from Apr 25th

DOI : Apr 25th

221g Blue with AAP , no docs asked

on Jul 27th got a mail asking for employer docs .

submitted docs on Aug 3rd

So far no communication from Consulate .

Employer is a 25 head count desi , for a inhouse project

now top Indian MNC employer has filed my H1 on 18th .

Could you please suggest what could be better ?

Shall i withdraw the case from Hyd consulate or wait for the decission ?

Archived