221G White Hyderabad tracker October

sush

Hi ,

I received a 221g white slip in Hyderabad on Oct28. Vo dint tell me about any approvals, he asked me to answer the email and ll take it from there keeping my passport.VO asked me to email Resume,itinary,employer leave letter. This is my first H1B started this oct for 3 years. I am working as a fulltime Cosmetic Chemist after my Masters. I doubt if I am under TA list. Please do post if any so that I can track .Also can anyone advise if anything I could do to expedite the process.Thanks in advance.

@ Sush - Nope..I do not belong to Science b/g. Not sure why I got the 221G. I got a feel that the VO couldn't connect my Masters education with my current work profile. Did you already respond to the query? Please keep us posted with your updates. and I do not believe there is a way to expedite the process as they clearly mentioned in their email and on the website.

Thanks

Jagadish

I have recicied 221G white on Nov 9th. Mine is EVC model and the VO asked me questions about E-E relationaship. I have explained him my manager from my company manages my day-to-day acitivities, but still he still gave me 221G saying I need to confirm with USCIS that they are aware that you are working on EVC model. He kept my I-797, LCA, I-129, Client letter and Vendor and gave a 221G with case number and futher administration process required. He said he doesn't need anymore documents.

Please let me know if anyone has gone through similar situation or has experience in handling this kind of issues.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

@Vidhya

Below were the questions asked.

1.) who is your supervisor

2.) Who gives you work

3.) who monitors your day-to-day activities

4.) Do you report to anyone from client side

5.) how often you contact your supervisor

6.) how do you communicate with your supervisor

7.) Is your supervisor onsite

8.) who has the authority to fire you

9.) who gives you benefits

I got sms and email today that my case was processed. I should be receiving the passport tomorrow.

Hi ,

I received a 221g white slip in Hyderabad on Oct28. Vo dint tell me about any approvals, he asked me to answer the email and ll take it from there keeping my passport.VO asked me to email Resume,itinary,employer leave letter. This is my first H1B started this oct for 3 years. I am working as a fulltime Cosmetic Chemist after my Masters. I doubt if I am under TA list. Please do post if any so that I can track .Also can anyone advise if anything I could do to expedite the process.Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Folks Let me share my story:

About me: FTE working with MNC >35k employees, Revenue in Billions.

Went to US on F1 got Masters then started working with MNC for 3 and 1/2 years. Recently got H1b renewed.

Went for VI for H1B

VI: 11/04/2011

VO asked simple questions about my job asked basic documents paystubs and stuff.

After all that he said documents are fine I am send you the questionnaire, please reply and gave me 221g White with case number.

At that point in time I was bit worried I was not expecting this at all.

I waited 3-4 weeks and got Visa today.

So people on 221g White from HYD consulate who answered Questionnaire visa email just relax and have some quality time with friends and family. You will get the Visa for sure.

Please post any questions I will be answer it.

Folks,

I finally received my Passport last week. Below are my Case Details.

Interview Date: 31st Oct 2011 and got a 221G White Sheet with the Case # and an email with a Questionnaire

Response Sent on : 7th Nov 2011

SMS and Email that the Visa is Processed on 1st Dec 2011. Picked up the Passport with the Visa stamped on 3rd Dec

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an update on my case:

H4 application - husband works full time for a fortune 500 company.

Date of Visa Interview: 2nd December 2011

221g white given with a case number; asked to answer the questionnaire with documents as mentioned in the email.

Documents submitted on 4th December 2011: Filled in Questionnaire, Resume and Employment verification letter from my husband's employer (as asked in the email)

Case number showed "application processing" status until I submitted the documents, after submission, the case number showed invalid status

Wrote an email to the consulate asking if we got our case number correct (Wanted to ensure that if we got it wrong, we wanted to correct and send the documentation again). No response from the consulate and I did not bother to send them multiple emails

Dec 22 2011: got an SMS stating that the passport is ready to be mailed (& can also be picked up if we choose to do so)

Dec 22 2011: Picked up the passport - Visa Issued!!!

Good Luck to all of you waiting for this process to end... It is frustrating enough, but hopefully you will get good news soon!

Hi Newbie,

Thanks for sharing your exp. I got the 221g white from HYD on Dec 2nd and sent back the questionniare on Dec 7th . Probably TAL because of my science back ground. Your exp gives me lot of hope. My boss is currently letting me work from home, so I am a bit OK. Can you please let me know, during which time in day you receive the SMS/email about passport to be picked?

Thanks

Raj

Hi All

The murthy forum was very helpful for me and I would like to share my experience for the benefit of others.

H1B and H4 VI Date: Jan 5, 2012, Model: E-V-C, Muslim - Yes,

Sixth Year of H1b with same company all the way through. Masters from US univ.

Focus of interview - Employer-employee relationship.

Questions:

VO: Pass me your documents

Me: Gave 797, I129, LCA, Letter to USCIS

VO: Excellent

VO: Educational background

VO: Who is my manager

Me: .... at my company

VO: How long have I been with this company

Me: Since....

VO: Client Location

VO: Client Company:

VO: Who Supervises my work

Me: My manager at my company

VO: How do you communicate regarding work

Me: Weekly status calls, quarterly reviews and yearly appraisals. Deliverable reviews as needed.

VO: If you have weekly calls, how are your daily activities given?

Me: When we meet, we set the tasks for the whole week

VO: Does your company provide any hardware/software?

No, due to security reasons...we are not allowed to have our own

VO: Does my company use any proprietary products?

No, since we provide services.

VO: Does your employer visit my client location?

Me: Very occasionally...middle vendor takes care since mostly legal stuff is involved.

VO: Do you have any letter from client or vendor?

Me: Yes...gave client letter and vendor letter.

(note: My Client does not give employment letters but I was fortunate since I was travelling due to a family emergency and I had requested the client services manager at client to give me a travel letter...handed this over)

VO: Are your kids US citizens.

Me: Yes

The visa officer was very friendly and polite. It was a nice casual process. He was making sure that the letter to USCIS, I129 and LCA mentioned the client and location. This seems to be a must have for EVC models. At the end of it, he remarked that everything was in order but he would keep the documents because he would like to have a look at them in detail. Told me that he sent an e-mail questionnaire and I would need to respond to it. Again told me that my documents look in order but would have to await the response to the e-mail which should already be in my inbox and would take it from there.

Docs Retained: Passports, I129, LCA, 797 copy, letter to USCIS, letter from client, vendor

I was not given any slip and even the e-mail does not have any case number. The e-mail body says that the case number will be in the subject though...weird

The e-mail questionnaire looks to be a stock questionnaire requests most of the info already provided on DS160 application. Sections like bio details, US contact name and phone numbers, Educations degrees, univ and years. Research areas, advisor (not applicable to me)....dates of past travel to other countries. Was asked to submit text resume as well.

FYI...I had appeared for my earlier H1 in Chennai in 2007 and the case was put in 221G processing with a pink slip and was cleared after one and half year .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys!

Any update from any of you? I got 221g white on Dec 1st 2011 hyderabad.

I was not able to see my Case ID and finally on 23rd Dec after repetitive emails to VFS, I got the below reply:

" We have recieved your recent submission, however a counslar officer must review your documents"

Finally my case ID started showing " Undergoing process" since Jan 9th.

I work in EVC model and I was mostly asked quetions around employer-employee relationship, Which made sense.

My current scenario is exactly the same as when I applied for my H1-B and got the approval by USCIS...Same client, same primary vendor.

When asked about my reporting methods, I clearly mentioned that we document our weekly status reports and so that triggered the 221g asking for submitting any such documents.

I submitted all my weekly status reports that I submit to my manager( he is on my employers payrol), my annual appraisal sheets, client letter along with my passport as asked on 6th of dec.

On 8th of Dec I got another 221g to submit my I-129, cover letter as submitted to USCIS and all my education certificates. they still have my passport.

I did the same on 12th of Dec.

Since than waiting......

Hopefully I will hear something soon, fingers crossed :-)

All the best to all of you too....

Hello All,

I had my VISA interview today and below is the conversation

VO: Your visa has been rejected once.

ME: Yes, It was in canada.

VO: Is the new petetion with your same old petetioner.

ME: No, This is with new petetioner.

VO: So do you want to withdraw your old petetion?

ME: It is already been sent for revocation to USCIS.

VO: OK then fine.

VO: what is your role with new petetioner, Any vendors?

ME: Sr systems analyst, No vendors.

VO: Who is your client?

ME: Said.

VO: Any other employees from petetioner working with client?

ME: Yes, There are about 10 employees of my company working onsite and 30 offsite.

VO: Who is your supervisor?

ME: Said, She is working on-site as program manager from company.

VO: How do you report to her?

ME: Report on a day-to-day basis and send weekly status report every thursday evening.

VO: Do you have a client manager?

ME: Yes

VO: What is the difference between client manger and your supervisor in terms of reporting?

ME: We get the work from supervisor and Client manager gives the requirements to supervisor.

VO: GIve me your Client Letter?

ME: Here...

He read for 3 minutes and pulled out a white 221g form and checked a box which says reply to the questionnaire sent to email.

VO: All the information you said is true right? If found guilty you will be permanently banned from entering US.

ME: Yes officer it is true.

VO: I have sent an email to your email address specified in the application. please respond to it and we will get back to you ASAP.

ME: ok Officer. How soon can i expect the result.

VO: As soon as you send the questionnaire we will start processing and it will be quick.

ME: Thank you and have a nice day.

Please let me know what are the chances now for me to enter US and moreover my client is not willing to hold for many days.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Folks Let me share my story:

About me: FTE working with MNC >35k employees, Revenue in Billions.

Went to US on F1 got Masters then started working with MNC for 3 and 1/2 years. Recently got H1b renewed.

Went for VI for H1B

VI: 11/04/2011

VO asked simple questions about my job asked basic documents paystubs and stuff.

After all that he said documents are fine I am send you the questionnaire, please reply and gave me 221g White with case number.

At that point in time I was bit worried I was not expecting this at all.

I waited 3-4 weeks and got Visa today.

So people on 221g White from HYD consulate who answered Questionnaire visa email just relax and have some quality time with friends and family. You will get the Visa for sure.

Please post any questions I will be answer it.

Hi koooonal,

My case is also very similar to yours I guess. I am working as a FTE with a company having >50k employees and with revenues in billions. I went to the US on F1 Visa and after completing my masters I joined a small company in Dallas ( but my job was fulltime and it was related to my masters). I worked there for 18 months and then transfered to my present company 6 months back. I attended the VI on 22nd Feb, 2012 at Hyderabad. This is how the interview went:

VO: Please pass your documents

Me: Passed the documents and exchanged the pleasentries

VO: Where do you work

ME:Answered

VO: Is that company your employer

Me: Yes

VO: What is your title? Explain what you do

Me: Answered

VO: Give me your W-2 form. ( This was the only document which he asked and checked during the interview)

Me: I passed on both the W-2 forms ( from my previous employer and present employer)

VO: What is your salary at your present employer?

VO: Where did you do your masters?

VO: So, you are a sooner?

Me: No, I am a cowboy ( Sooner is the Football team of another university in the state in which I did my masters. Sooners and Cowboys are kind of arch-rivals in sports)

VO: Oh yes. Fine. Your case would require further admin processing. Your H1-B is approved but we would need further administration processing and it may take 2-3 weeks.

VO then asked me for an email id which i would be checking regularly and said that he is sending me a questionnaire and that I need to fill up the questionnaire and send it as soon as possible and the processing will start as soon as they recieve the filled up questionaire. Then he gave me a white form (but didn't specify a case number) and checked the box which says that you will recieve further instruction in an email. I recieved that email and it has a questionnaire and asks me to send some documents like resume, invitation letter and supplementary material.

When he gave me the white form I saw that he didnt specify the case number. So, I asked if I will be given some case number in order to correspond through emails. He said case number is not needed just specify your passport number. He kept my passport with him. Thats the only document he kept with himself.

The questionnaire has basic questions like my bio, itinerary, sponsors information, US Contact, Educational information, Academic advisor etc. The email also asks me to send recent resume in text format, scanned copies of invitation letter in pdf format, scanned copies of supplementary material like invitation letter, transcripts and research/publications in pdf format.

So, my questions now:

1. Our cases seems very similar except that he didnt specify a case number for me. What is the difference in forms with case number and without case numbers? Even though the VO said that just specifying the passport number is fine, the email which I got says that I should specify both the passport number and case number in subject line for future correspondences.

2. What is an invitation letter? Is it the letter of employment from the company? or the offer letter? Should the invitation letter include job duties? My letter of employment which my manager gave me before coming to India doesn't include the job details and neither does the offer letter. The letter from my employer to USCIS in the petition process(LCA) contains the job details ( This letter was submitted as part of the advance document submission. So, what should be sent as the invitation letter? I am sorry but I am not aware of the jargon.

3. He mentioned that my Visa is approved but we need further administration processing in this case. Do they always say that the Visa is approved when giving away the 221(g) form?

4. What can be sent as supplementary material? I am planning on sending transcripts, invitation letter and a publication I have from a Global Users conference of the technology we use in the job. Do I need to send something else?

5. I have a comman muslim name. My friends say that it might have been the issue. Can that be the case because I see that everything else looks fine in my case.

6. How long exactly did it take in your case to get the passport back with visa stamped on it?

Thanks for helping me out with my queries.

-Sohail Mohammad

Archived