H1 on IT with Biomed MS

daya007

Hi,

I am planning for visa stamping in dec in Hyd. Recently my H1 was approved and started from oct 2011(prev in f1). A major consulting firm sponcered my visa.

I did my masters in Biomedical eng. and i am working as an IT consultant. How should i handle the situation if VO asks how job is related to the cource i studied in ms?

@daya007: I believe you are working on SAS technology. If so, you can support your work by stating the importance of SAS software in phama/healthcare/device manufacturing companies. These companies recruit SAS professionals with any background with preference given to bio background.

Again, if you are on EVC model, there is very little possibility to get visa stamped, say 5 out of every 100. EVC is dead. You should either be on EC model or Full Time employee.

Hi,

I am planning for visa stamping in dec in Hyd. Recently my H1 was approved and started from oct 2011(prev in f1). A major consulting firm sponcered my visa.

I did my masters in Biomedical eng. and i am working as an IT consultant. How should i handle the situation if VO asks how job is related to the cource i studied in ms?

Hi daya,

I did my BE and MS both in Biomedical Instrumentation - But I'm working in an IT firm as a Full time ( not at all related to Bio) - But when I went for stamping in Vancouver no questions were regarding MS

Archived