November Bulletin: Lets track EB Approvals

optimist1975

You can get an affidavit which states that your mother uses both the names.

Thanks..decided to go with professional services .. used certifiedtranslate . com .

For the BC ..my lawyers are saying mothers name with "Devi" in affidavit and having name without "Devi" in passport would not matter ..uum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are many reasons

1. No reason

2. Your application might be at the bottom of the stack

3. Bad luck (Don't hang on too much on this)

4. After assigning your case, officer took maternity leave.

5. Your FP done on a later date

6. Background check is taking longer than others

7. More documents to be verfied

Be patient. We waited until get cooked (14 years in my case, Dec-11 filing), let's wait to get it cool.

Here are my details:

PD: Aug 2007

485 application filed - Nov 28 2011

Receipt date - Dec 5th 2011

EAD/AP Received in Jan 28th 2012

485 Status - Initial Review

Texas center

who are applied in November they still waiting to get GC approval.

Same here, I applied on Nov 2011 with TSC and PD OCT 2007, my 485 status is still showing Initial Review.

Here are my details:

Receipt date - Dec 5th 2011

Texas center

who are applied in November they still waiting to get GC approval.

Manushree,

looks like I have similar dates as yours and am also waiting to hear for 485 approval.

485 application filed - Nov 29 2011

Receipt date - Dec 1st 2011

FP Jan 10 2012

EAD/AP Received in Jan 27th 2012

Texas center

My LUD is 12/5/2011 What is your LUD on 485 ?

redscooter

FP Jan 10 2012

Texas center

Sorry typing mistake here is correct date:

Notice date - Nov 30th 2011

FP Dec 23rd 2011

Texas center

My LUD 12/1/2011

redscooter

FP Jan 10 2012

Texas center

Sorry typing mistake here is correct date:

Notice date - Nov 30th 2011

FP Dec 23rd 2011

Texas center

My LUD 12/1/2011

Looks like people who applied in the first week of November have started receiving approvals. We might have to wait a little longer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My priority date is July 31, 2007

Filed 485 on Nov 1st...receipt date Nov. 6....finger printing done on Dec. 15 and EAD/AP received on Jan. 4th....however, waiting since then almost 3 months and no word on the green card....checking case status regularly...it says "initial review" still....no RFE too....please suggest what should I do?

To Wizkid,

You are in good shape even after the retrogression on May 1,2012. For your I-485 to be approved, they should have visa numbers for your PD/country of chargeability.

So, as of May 1,2012 your i-485 would be pending for almost 145 days and your PD would still be current, USCIS would either approved your application or issue an RFE, both of which are good.

You can raise a SR for I-485 right away if it is Nebraska Service Center (NSC processing time is 4 months).

If it is Texas Service Center, you can raise a SR only 9 months after receipt of applications.

Good luck!!

-Timmingalam

I485 - Final Adjudication stage:

When the case is in Final Adjudication stage, how long it takes to get approved? and also if the case is in Final Adjudication stage, Is the visa number already allocated to the case or it is still waiting for visa number?

Can you please share your thoughts and expert advise.

I485 - Final Adjudication stage:

When the case is in Final Adjudication stage, how long it takes to get approved? and also if the case is in Final Adjudication stage, Is the visa number already allocated to the case or it is still waiting for visa number?

Can you please share your thoughts and expert advise.

The visa numbers are requested at the very end, after the case has been otherwise fully reviewed. At this point, the request for a visa number would be held until more numbers become available.

We have received a number of approvals dated March 26th. If the EB2 case was not approved on or before March 26th, it will stay pending until there are more numbers.

While this is understandably frustrating, these delays open up the possibility of using AC21 portability once the I-485 has been pending for 180 days. That will be a benefit to some people in allowing them to get promotions/better jobs etc.

While this is understandably frustrating, these delays open up the possibility of using AC21 portability once the I-485 has been pending for 180 days. That will be a benefit to some people in allowing them to get promotions/better jobs etc.

What triggers the start of 180 pending days? I-485 application receive date, notice date or biometrics date?

The visa numbers are requested at the very end, after the case has been otherwise fully reviewed. At this point, the request for a visa number would be held until more numbers become available.

We have received a number of approvals dated March 26th. If the EB2 case was not approved on or before March 26th, it will stay pending until there are more numbers.

Somewhere I read the numbers are allotted quarterly. do you think they have used up the numbers for this fiscal year (up until oct 2012) or only for the last quarter?

thanks.

Thanks for the inputs. So let's say if the visa numbers are available and the case is in final adjudication stage and also the priority date is current; How long it takes to get the case approved?

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

My PD date is July 31, 2007, which became current in Nov. 2011. EAD approved in Jan. 2012. Still says 'Initial Review' for 1-485. No RFE yet. Texas Processing Center.

I am tired of seeing people with much later PDs getting approvals. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Since the dates retrogressed to Aug. 15, 2007. has anyone with pending 1-485 before this date got approvals? Also, is it true that people like me may have to wait until Oct. 2012, when visa numbers become available, though my PD remains current?

Guys,

My PD date is July 31, 2007, which became current in Nov. 2011. EAD approved in Jan. 2012. Still says 'Initial Review' for 1-485. No RFE yet. Texas Processing Center.

I am tired of seeing people with much later PDs getting approvals. Is anyone else in a similar situation?

Since the dates retrogressed to Aug. 15, 2007. has anyone with pending 1-485 before this date got approvals? Also, is it true that people like me may have to wait until Oct. 2012, when visa numbers become available, though my PD remains current?

BTW there are many folks having PDs in 2002/2003, think about how they are feeling when someone with 2007/8/9 gets approved.

BTW this is what is 4

Yo, @wizkid, your PD is Jul 31, 2007 - my i485 receipt date is Jul 27 2007! Don't even bother knowing what my PD is ... so if you happen to get your GC before I do, should I get tired? You will get yours when you are destined to get, just as I would get mine when I am destined to get ... no point trying to be on a "Richard-measuring" game, if you get my drift!

Archived