H1B restamping

rs100811

My first H1B stamp has expired and I have valid I797 till september 2013. I need to travel to India at some point. However I need to re new my stamp as my travel my be sudden due to personal reasons.

I wanted to check if it advisable to travel to Vancouver or Mexico for re stamping ? or shall I take appointment from New Delhi consulate ?

I do have all the paper work , I will also have client letter based on where to which consulate I need to apply,

I have all pay stubs,

W2

I797

and almost all supporting documents.

I did not any issue with H1B stamping first time in India.

However because of current conditions I want to know if Canada or Mexico would be an option or not.

Risk factor is every where. You can get into Admin processing (221g) anywhere I am seeing lot of cases in Ottawa for the last few weeks. But there are also cases who got it approved on the same day. If you want to stamp from Canada recommendation is get Multiple entry visit visa for Canada go for stamping and if you get into admin processing you can go back to your home country and when visa approved you can come back to Canada to collect it. Otherwise go to your home country for stamping.

Archived