All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
l1toh1us

H1B 221G (Blue) Admin Processing @ chennai

Hi All...i recently went to chennai consulate for H1B stamping and was issued a 221G Blue form for admin processing. The admin processing was related to the Client contract. Even after providing the client and vendor letters the VO was not satisfied and gave a blue 221g for admin processing.

Its been a week since my visa interview and i checked with my client and the US consulate had made an inquiry about my contract and my client has also replied for the query. Now i am waiting for an email or phone from consulate to submit my passport.

Does anyone know how long is the wait time after the inquiry with the client and to submit the passport for stamping. Or is there anymore processing left apart from checking with the client?

Please help..

Not to discourage you, but not every query to the client results in positive result of getting the visa stamp. Hope it turns positive in your case. But the truth is there are people who got denied as well after the client being contacted. There are people who got positive result as well. So just sit tight and wait for the result.

Good luck!

@romeo18: My case number does not show up on the website. I still have the passport with me. Just waiting for the email from consulate.

@northwest.bobby: Thanks for ur advice.Does it lead to rejection even after a good response from the client? All they have done is sent a questioner which is a standard format and the client have replied to that confirming my contract. I am wondering why this might lead to a negative result.

Search in google for 'vfs chennai administrative processing' and click on the 'case status report' This gets updated everyday. Initially u might not see ur case for blue 221g. But it should show up when the processing is complete. I am also still waiting for my case to show up.

Any with 221 g (blue) for admin processing receive email from chennai consulate? its been more than 2 weeks from the visa interview date (Oct 18th) still no email to submit the passport.

My client was contacted for background check and the response was sent back immediately.

Anyone with same situation please update..

@11toh1us Hi can you please tell me what were the questions asked to the client.I am in same situation VO took just the client letter and returned all the documents back.