Green card issued by USCIS but I never received it

Hello esteemed members,

Aug 22, 2011:

My case status update indicated "Card production ordered".

Sep 2, 2011:

I received a welcome letter which was originally sent by USCIS on Aug22 to my old address (despite having sent out an AR-11 and after having received many correspondances from USCISS at my current address), which then was returned back to the USCIS.

Then USCIS resent it to my current address.

Oct 7, 2011:

I contacted USCIS customer support to inform that I havent received my GC yet and a service request was created for my case.

Oct 12, 2011:

I received a mail stating that my card is lost in mail and that I have to file Form I-90.

Has anyone been through this before.

I have plans to travle to India in December and I am at a loss now.

Is there any means by which I can travel after having applied for a duplicate GC.

Please let me know your valuable inputs and also how long does it take for USCIS to issue another GC in such cases.

In the application form for I-90, I noticed that I will have to appear for biometrics again.

I have always had problems with my finger prints before. I had to appear thrice for fingerprints and also had to produce police clearance certificates. Does that mean I will have to do all of that again? Please let me know.

If anyone had this problem please share your experiences and any means to expedite this process. Thanks in advance for your help.

You need to file the I-90 as directed and schedule an InfoPass appt to get an I-551 stamp in your current passport if you do not already have one. Did you enter with an actual visa or go through adjustment? It may have a bearing on the process. IF you have a visa in your passport that has been stamped and endorsed, it serves as a temporary card for a year.

Since they already made a card, they may not bother with new fingerpinting (biometrics).

The last time I entered into United States I had my Advance Parole which would be expiring in 2 months. Even though an extension for my AP was filed, it was denied owing to the fact that my GC got approved.

Do you still think I have an option to travel? Please clarify.

Infopass and I-551 stamp.....

Archived