Employer change when PD is current

Hi,

I am EB2, PD = 26-Jul-2007. My PD became current in Novemeber bulletin which will take effect from Nov 1st 2011. I am still with my current employer who filed my GC in 2007. However, I have an offer from another employer which I have accepted and have to join Nov-14. I am on 3 weeks notice with my current employer while my PD is also current. My concern is - if, for some reason, I receive an RFE for "proof of employment" while I am on notice period with my current employer (i.e. before joining new employer on Nov-14) then what should I do ? My current employer may be reluctant to issue a proof of employment since I am leaving him. Should I wait to join new employer and then send their letter as proof of employment OR current employer "by law" is bound to give me proof of employment letter since I am still with him ? Please advise.

Thanks !!!

please consult a lawyer.

why will you receive RFE? do you have a pending application? since you are changing employer, you cannot file I-485 based on your current employer/petitioner approved I-140 if they no longer offer you the permanent position stated on LC.

you can change employer but you will need to start GC from scratch (LC and I-140), you can however port/retain your approved I-140 PD.

Hi,

I am EB2, PD = 26-Jul-2007. My PD became current in Novemeber bulletin which will take effect from Nov 1st 2011. I am still with my current employer who filed my GC in 2007. However, I have an offer from another employer which I have accepted and have to join Nov-14. I am on 3 weeks notice with my current employer while my PD is also current. My concern is - if, for some reason, I receive an RFE for "proof of employment" while I am on notice period with my current employer (i.e. before joining new employer on Nov-14) then what should I do ? My current employer may be reluctant to issue a proof of employment since I am leaving him. Should I wait to join new employer and then send their letter as proof of employment OR current employer "by law" is bound to give me proof of employment letter since I am still with him ? Please advise.

Thanks !!!

Archived