H1B Regular Processing (Vermont Centre) Aug/Sep/Oct

vk4246

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Upgraded to Premium and the application received by USCIS on "27th Jan 2012".

Current status: Acceptance.

Any idea, how long it is taking for premium processing in Vermont center.

Hi All,

My employer applied for H1B extension in regular process for me.

Here are my details:

Receipt Date: Sep 26 2011.

Regular H1B extension at Vermont center.

Status - Initial Review (as on Jan 15 2012)

Did anyone get the approval whose application was received in the month of Sep'11.

Also, I've booked the tickets to travel to India for my wedding. Can anyone pls let me know if I can travel while the case is pending with USCIS. If not, I want to convert the case to premium and just wanted to know how long it will take to approve the case in premium mode for Vermont center.

Thanks,

Kumar K

Hi all

Receipt Date - sep 9 2011. (Regular H1B extension after 6 yrs and an approved I140)

Approval Date - Feb-16-2012

Date Email Received - Feb-16-2012

Thanks for all the updates posted, thanks to murthy forum.

Good luck to all. Patience does help (try to relax, if you can and dont stress out as long as your driver's license is still valid :-)

Regards

Hi,

My employer filed for my new H1B (H4 to H1B).

Receipt Notice Date: September 30, 2011

Processing Center: Vermont Service Center

Case Status as of 2/22/2012 : INITIAL REVIEW

However, when we check H1B case processing times in USCIS webpage, they have updated their processing times on 2/21/2012. The updated processing times for H1B is Oct 2, 2011. So my receipt notice date is earlier than processing date.

I called customer suppport and seems i am not authorized to talk and my petitioner has to call them. My employer is also not ready to call them as he doubt these are approximate times in their webpage and more we call them, more chances to get RFE.

Is that true that more times we call customer support, more chances to get RFE ?

If my employer is not ready to call them, please suggest what I can do ?

Your responses and suggestions are much appreciated.

Hi,

My employer filed for my new H1B (H4 to H1B).

Receipt Notice Date: September 30, 2011

Processing Center: Vermont Service Center

Case Status as of 2/22/2012 : INITIAL REVIEW

However, when we check H1B case processing times in USCIS webpage, they have updated their processing times on 2/21/2012. The updated processing times for H1B is Oct 2, 2011. So my receipt notice date is earlier than processing date.

I called customer suppport and seems i am not authorized to talk and my petitioner has to call them. My employer is also not ready to call them as he doubt these are approximate times in their webpage and more we call them, more chances to get RFE.

Is that true that more times we call customer support, more chances to get RFE ?

If my employer is not ready to call them, please suggest what I can do ?

Your responses and suggestions are much appreciated.

Hi,

Even my case is similar to yours. Mine was filed on sep26th and ehen my HR called them today they told her to wait till march 8th. If we do not get it by then the only way is upgrading it to premium.

@ swarna,

Thanks for responding to my post. May I know if yours is a big company (> 25 employees) or smaller one (<= 25 employees) ?

Looks like USCIS prioritize smaller companies than big ones.

My questions to audience:

1. Is that true that more times our employer calls USCIS customer support, more chances to get RFE ?

2. If my employer is not ready to call them, please suggest what I can do ?

3. If most of petitons filed by my employer were processed in Premium, will that affect my petition which was filed under Regular

processing ?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated !

@ swarna,

Thanks for responding to my post. May I know if yours is a big company (> 25 employees) or smaller one (<= 25 employees) ?

Looks like USCIS prioritize smaller companies than big ones.

My questions to audience:

1. Is that true that more times our employer calls USCIS customer support, more chances to get RFE ?

2. If my employer is not ready to call them, please suggest what I can do ?

3. If most of petitons filed by my employer were processed in Premium, will that affect my petition which was filed under Regular

processing ?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated !

Hi Nitya,

I got it approved today morning. My company has more than 25 employees and calling them once doen't affect the chances of getting approved. Ask your attorney to call them. If they feel that problem is with processing time they will directly call to the uscis guys and will ask them to check whats happening with the petition. They will also assigned an SR. Samething happened to me and within 3 days i got it approved.

plz let me know if u need more details. Don't worry u may get it in couple of days...be relaxed..all teh best..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived