221G, Pending Further Processing, Ottawa, Canada

immi_kk

Attended Visa interview on Oct 24th at 9.30 am.

Model EVC

F1- H1

questions asked

where did you do your MS?

what is your company?

how do you spell that?

since when are you working for this?

How did you apply for this job?

How big your company?

what is your role? and what do you do?

who is the end client?

Is there any vendor in between?NO

any other layers after the prime vendor?NO

and then he picked up a blue form and said they need to further investigate my case and I need to wait until they come back with a resolution and gave my passport back.He kept my original I-797 (H1B - approval)

I have asked him if you need anymore documentation?

he said he needs the pay slips and asked me are you ever on bench?I said I was never on bench.

and he gave me ottawa consulate email to contact them for status updates.

So now, I have these questions.

1) Is there anybody out here who are in the same situation.... should I wait for a week to see what is going to happen?normally how long it is going to take for this kind of admin processing??? because I got my passport back I have bad feeling.... :(

2).Can I travel back to USA as I am having my passport with me??

I have a copy of I-797 though the original is with the VO. while I was travelling to canada from USA nobody asked me for I-797 at the port of entry

3).If I cant go back to USA, Can I at least travel to India? Planned my wedding in the month of November.

with my passport and no original I-797 can I go home?

any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

@

immi_kk

if you have Canada multiple visa better go to india.if you get any updates from consulate comeback to canada submit passport and get visa.

What if we have single entry visitor visa?can we go to canadian embassy in India and get the canadian visa to come back and then get US visa stamped..Also if we have our car with us,can we get temporary transit visa to US and then fly to india from there?

@raguvar,

I don't have multiple entry Canda visa. still.. can I go to India and get Canadian visitor visa from India and then come back for any Canada for any updates from the embassy?

one more question I have is they have my I-797 original. can I travel to India with out original??

@gagarli,

No. I still have the old I-94 card with me they did not take it.

I went to ottawa visa consulate for H1B visa. I am on EVC model. Visa officer gave me 221 G blue slip.

I have single entry visa to canada and I am staying at cousin house in Toronto till 31st Oct.

Not sure what to do now. My canada visitor visa expires soon. I am travelling to India on Monday.

If they call me back , would i get canada visitor visa from india?

@

immi_kk

if you have Canada multiple visa better go to india.if you get any updates from consulate comeback to canada submit passport and get visa.

@raghuvar..

My Passport is kept by visa officer;Do you know how long does it take to get back the PP if we request them before stamping(He assured me that i can get my passport anytime on request).Planning to leave to home country and then come back on getting update from consulate..

I have attended my Interview on 25th Morning and received 221g for clinet letter, I had clinet letter still VO wanted in correct format, i got it from my Client and sent to the email provided by VO.

Does any one received 221g on 25th got email or any response from VO?

If any one looking roomie or anyone wanted to come and join me, could you please contact me.

Thanks,

Ravi.

@canstruck: Did you send an email to this (ottawacons@state.gov) address.Please update in this forum again aftter you receive your passport

Suman...I have to send 3 emails until i got response ...one email to the above mentioned and 2 emails to the one VO specified me to send(in the Blue form he asked me to)....They asked me to pick my PP anyday between 2 to 3:30PM(all weekdays)...will inquire abt things and post them tommorow...Anyways i am planning to leave to India and get back incase of any response with new canadian visitor visa..

Archived