Visa Stamping in Ottawa on Novermber 14

raseshshah

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, Congratulations raseshshah..

I am also planning to go to ottawa for H1b stamping. I am currently on L1 visa and this will be my first time H1 stamping. I did not do my education in the US but I am full-time employee with a reputed US bank. I have been working here for the last 4 years at the same position and company and will continue there on H1 as well.I want to know few details from you -

1. Did you do your education in the US?

2. Was this your first time H1 stamping?

3. On your approved H1 petition, did you have consulate name as - Ottawa ? I have this question because on mine it says - New Delhi, circumstances changed and now I have to get the stamping done in Canada - so, I am looking for someone who might have similar case? or any knowledge on this?

Anyone else on this forum with similar background who successfully got his/her visa stamped in canada can chip in.

Thank you !

First of all, Congratulations raseshshah..

I am also planning to go to ottawa for H1b stamping. I am currently on L1 visa and this will be my first time H1 stamping. I did not do my education in the US but I am full-time employee with a reputed US bank. I have been working here for the last 4 years at the same position and company and will continue there on H1 as well.I want to know few details from you -

1. Did you do your education in the US?

2. Was this your first time H1 stamping?

3. On your approved H1 petition, did you have consulate name as - Ottawa ? I have this question because on mine it says - New Delhi, circumstances changed and now I have to get the stamping done in Canada - so, I am looking for someone who might have similar case? or any knowledge on this?

Anyone else on this forum with similar background who successfully got his/her visa stamped in canada can chip in.

Thank you !

1. Yes

2. Third

3. not familiar with h1b petition having a consulate name on it

I appeared for my H1 extension today and was given 221g blue form requiring administrative processing (most likely name check due to common muslim name). I was given 221g last time 3 years back when I appeared for my first H1 visa stamping. Then it took 10 days to get clearance. I wonder how long it will be this time. Anybody out there who is stuck with 221g blue (admin processing/name check) or was cleared - can you please let me know how long you have been waiting for or how long it took to receive clearance?

BTW, today at Ottawa, everyone who works for a consulting company was pretty much given a white 221g asking for documentation. I am full time and was not asked any document.

I appeared for my H1 extension on Nov 14th and was given 221g blue form requiring administrative processing (most likely name check due to common muslim name). I was given 221g last time 3 years back when I appeared for my first H1 visa stamping. Then it took 10 days to get clearance. I wonder how long it will be this time. Anybody out there who is stuck with 221g blue (admin processing/name check) or was cleared - can you please let me know how long you have been waiting for or how long it took to receive clearance?

BTW, most of the people who work for a consulting company were pretty much given a white 221g asking for documentation. I am full time and was not asked any document.

Hi Guys,

I went for the stamping yesterday (Nov 14) at Ottawa. The VO (******) asked questions related to employer/vendor/client. Then asked for all relevant contracts and documents. I submitted them. Then he handed me 221g white form . They kept my pp,I797,paystubs, all letters. I am still waiting to hear from them.

Please share your experiences and if anyone has received any emails from the consulate. I am still in Ottawa. You can contact me on psak12..at..*******. c o m

Hi,

i got 221g on wednesday(Nov 16th) and the VO said he will send an email once he verifies the documents and he had my passport,client letter, I-797, Employment Letter, Contract agreement with him. Model is EC.

I want to go to India next week as i have an event to attend so i want to wait till Tuesday and if they dont reply can i ask the passport to be returned and ask them to continue their processing?

If so what's the process to do it? Please Advice..

Hi,

i got 221g on wednesday(Nov 16th) and the VO said he will send an email once he verifies the documents and he had my passport,client letter, I-797, Employment Letter, Contract agreement with him. Model is EC.

I want to go to India next week as i have an event to attend so i want to wait till Tuesday and if they dont reply can i ask the passport to be returned and ask them to continue their processing?

What are the questions did VO asked you?

i All

I have been waiting here from Nov 8th. I am planning to leave to India next week on Nov 24th to attend important event, If VO ask me to come back again to Interview how much times does he give to me. Please update me you view or experience or a anyone of your friends have faced this kind of situation previously.

Appreciate your help.

Hi All

I have been waiting here from Nov 8th. I am planning to leave to India next week on Nov 24th to attend important event, If VO ask me to come back again to Interview how much times does he give to me. Please update me you view or experience or a anyone of your friends have faced this kind of situation previously.

Appreciate your help. Forgot to specify that I have single entry and I need to go and apply again for visiting visa.

Raj,

Following is how my interview went, Chinese American Guy on Nov 16th @10am and mine was H1 extension case and i did masters as well in USA

Are you Programmer/Analyst? I said Yes

Who is your Employer? Told the employer name

who is the end client? Told the client name

How long have you been working for client? I said from 2.5 years i'm working with same client

Is there any Vendor? I said there is no vendor and my employer is a direct vendor. So he made a diagram client->vendor

Who supervises your work? I said a guy who is a manager(of my employer) supervises me and I give status updates to him.

How often does he come to client's place? I said every couple of weeks. our employer has office at client place where a few consultants work for the client and I said my employer also has office at client location . He noted it down.

who gives work at client place? I said Manager@client's place is so and so and he co-ordinates with my employer manager as well and i get the work assigned.

Do you have contract agreement and employment Letters with you? I gave agreement between client and employer and also client letter, Employment letter.

He took all the letters, passport, I-797 and said he has to confirm the employment and he will send me an email once he verifies it.

Raj, Following is how my interview went, Chinese American Guy on Nov 16th @10am and mine was H1 extension case and i did masters as well in USA Are you Programmer/Analyst? I said Yes Who is your Employer? Told the employer name who is the end client? Told the client name How long have you been working for client? I said from 2.5 years i'm working with same client Is there any Vendor? I said there is no vendor and my employer is a direct vendor. So he made a diagram client->vendor Who supervises your work? I said a guy who is a manager(of my employer) supervises me and I give status updates to him. How often does he come to client's place? I said every couple of weeks. our employer has office at client place where a few consultants work for the client and I said my employer also has office at client location . He noted it down. who gives work at client place? I said Manager@client's place is so and so and he co-ordinates with my employer manager as well and i get the work assigned. Do you have contract agreement and employment Letters with you? I gave agreement between client and employer and also client letter, Employment letter. He took all the letters, passport, I-797 and said he has to confirm the employment and he will send me an email once he verifies it.

Thanks for your reply. I am also EC model and i have interview on 22nd.Do you think i need to carry additional docs ? I have client letter , po , contact etc..and also can you tell me whether i need to prepare for any additional quesions?

i All

Appreciate your help.

Hi Ravi,

can you give your email id or contact number so i can talk to you?

My email id is: praveenkadipikonda at ****** dot com

Hi,

I am no expert but I remember my friend got the VO angry when he asked her to give his passport back because he want to fly back to pakistan. She was saying if your plan is to go to pakistan why are you coming here. Anyways nothing bad happened to him. You can ask them for passport I guess but i dont know what is the process to get the ppt back after interview.

Hi All

Appreciate your help. Forgot to specify that I have single entry and I need to go and apply again for visiting visa.

ravi80_visa, see a note below from other post, looks like you will have 120 days to get your passport stamped, once your visa is approved.

canstruck<p class="author_info">

• Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:06 AM

Hi all...I attended visa on Oct 18th and my visa was approved on Nov7th..Currently am in India for some personal reasons and have to go back to canada to get my visa stamped..They mentioned that i have 120 days to get my stamping .

Archived