Urgent - Ottawa Interview , conflict in location and I-94

greenworks

Hello there!

I have my interview for H1B visa stamping on Oct 31st for Ottawa

Need urgent advice in the conflict of location and I-94

I filled and submitted my DS-160 with location selected as Torronto. Then I went to schedule appointment and since earlier dates was for Ottawa, I chose location as Ottawa. So now I have DS-160 with location as Toronto and Appointment confirmation with location as Ottawa.

1)Will this be a problem when I go to Ottawa for my appointment?

2) If this is a problem , then what are my solutions?

a) Do I apply for new DS-160, write location as Ottawa and pay another $150 ?

b) Even if I do that , will that create confusion , since I have already submitted one DS160?

3) At the airport , do I have to submit the I-94 that is attached with my I-797 A or just the I-94 that is in my passport when I last entered US ??

Any suggestions will be helpfu !! Please advice!!

Thanks a lot

See my answers in blue:

It shouldn't. DS 160 is an online application and the consulate should be able to recover the information using the barcode on the DS 160 confirmation page.

It is not a problem. If you have already scheduled an appointment with the Ottawa consulate, creating a new DS-160 demands you to cancel the existing appointment and create a new appointment with the new DS 160 bar code. Please note that there are chances you might lose you the appointment slot

Please refer to the URL: http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4401.html and look at the last question in the "Completing the DS 160" section. It will clear out your questions. Remember to take a print out of that FAQ when you go to consulate

b) Even if I do that , will that create confusion , since I have already submitted one DS160?

No confusion, you can create many versions of DS 160, but remember to use the bar code of DS 160 that you feel has the most accurate information

3) At the airport , do I have to submit the I-94 that is attached with my I-797 A or just the I-94 that is in my passport when I last entered US ??

Usually the airline officials should remove your old I-94. However, I was informed that if you step out of the country and return back within a weeks time, we dont have to surrender the I-94 card. If the airline official did not remove the I-94 card, please inform the Port of Entry (CBP) official (when you re-enter) to remove your old I-94 card.

Remember, not to touch the I-94 card in the I-797 A. If you plan to surrender the I-94 card, it should be the one that is attached to your passport. The I-94 card in I-797 A should be submitted to CBP official when you return back to US. Sometimes officers remove the I-94 in I-797A form or sometimes they leave the way it is and ask you to fill out a new Arrival/Departure (I-94 card) which will then be stapled to your passport.

Hope I answered to your questions. Cheers.

See my answers in blue:

It shouldn't. DS 160 is an online application and the consulate should be able to recover the information using the barcode on the DS 160 confirmation page.

It is not a problem. If you have already scheduled an appointment with the Ottawa consulate, creating a new DS-160 demands you to cancel the existing appointment and create a new appointment with the new DS 160 bar code. Please note that there are chances you might lose you the appointment slot

Please refer to the URL: http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4401.html and look at the last question in the "Completing the DS 160" section. It will clear out your questions. Remember to take a print out of that FAQ when you go to consulate

No confusion, you can create many versions of DS 160, but remember to use the bar code of DS 160 that you feel has the most accurate information

Usually the airline officials should remove your old I-94. However, I was informed that if you step out of the country and return back within a weeks time, we dont have to surrender the I-94 card. If the airline official did not remove the I-94 card, please inform the Port of Entry (CBP) official (when you re-enter) to remove your old I-94 card.

Remember, not to touch the I-94 card in the I-797 A. If you plan to surrender the I-94 card, it should be the one that is attached to your passport. The I-94 card in I-797 A should be submitted to CBP official when you return back to US. Sometimes officers remove the I-94 in I-797A form or sometimes they leave the way it is and ask you to fill out a new Arrival/Departure (I-94 card) which will then be stapled to your passport.

Hope I answered to your questions. Cheers.

See my answers in blue:

Please refer to the URL:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4401.html

and look at the last question in the "Completing the DS 160" section. It will clear out your questions. Remember to take a print out of that FAQ when you go to consulate

Please note that all the answers I have given you are based on my experience and have got myself successfully stamped last week without any issues. Hope I answered to your questions. Cheers.

Hello there!

I have my interview for H1B visa stamping on Oct 31st for Ottawa

Need urgent advice in the conflict of location and I-94

I filled and submitted my DS-160 with location selected as Torronto. Then I went to schedule appointment and since earlier dates was for Ottawa, I chose location as Ottawa. So now I have DS-160 with location as Toronto and Appointment confirmation with location as Ottawa.

Any suggestions will be helpfu !! Please advice!!

Thanks a lot

Hi Green Works,

I came to know from other threads that you attended interview to change status from F1 to H1B.

Can you please let me know your visas experience. I am also on the same boat.

Archived